News:

The default theme for this site has been updated. For further information, please take a look at the announcement regarding HAF changing its default theme.

Main Menu

London has a Muslim mayor

Started by Ecurb Noselrub, May 07, 2016, 09:56:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ecurb Noselrub

He's British born.  Does anyone have any heartburn over this?  Just askin'.

Tank

Don't know that much about him yet.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

No one

I'm sure it is leaving a bad taste in at least a few people's mouths. And if left untreated, a nasty case of indigestion could develop.

Crow

Don't think I could care less.
Retired member.

Biggus Dickus

It shouldn't really matter to folks I don't think, no more than if he was a any other religion...but hey I'm from Dearborn, MI home to the largest population of Muslims in the US, and it certainly wouldn't bother me if I was a Londoner.

Came across this related article earlier today, and thought it interesting.
"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

Tom62

The only thing that I heard, was that some people try to link him to some Muslim extremist groups. Rumor has it that he also supports Sharia law.

Unless these accusations are true, I would give him the benefit of the doubt. Muslim mayors of European cities, can do an excellent job for all his/her citizens (like the mayor of Rotterdam Ahmed Aboutaleb)
The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein

Tank

Just watched him on the Andrew Marr show. I can see why some people hate him. He's just a guy who is also a Muslim. A terrifying idea for some bigots.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Ecurb Noselrub

Which posters on HAF actually live in London?

Crow

Retired member.

Ecurb Noselrub