News:

The default theme for this site has been updated. For further information, please take a look at the announcement regarding HAF changing its default theme.

Main Menu

Just a hello.

Started by Y Be, October 31, 2020, 06:13:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magdalena

You > Simplify > love > enlightening > logic > arguments.

OK > I > got it >

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Y Be

4 STEP BY STEP (Tutorial) CLICK HERE>>>https://www.happyatheistforum.com/forum/index.php?topic=16757.msg407200#msg407200<<< Either G or -G   >  G is necessarily G (implicit in the concept of G)  >  -G is impossible
  If  -G, then (-R)eason   
  but (R)eason.
  So, not  -G > therefore G

Magdalena

Quote from: Y Be on November 01, 2020, 10:51:33 PM
U are  funny :)
Wait...wait...wait....
I got this... :notsure:

Simplify > feedback about my joke > or a statement only > a compliment > breaking the ice >

Yes > ?

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Icarus

Hmmm....mystery guest! Could be a fun, perhaps meritirous member if loosened up a bit.

Holy shit! Hope he/she is not a sneaky Trumpian.

C'mon Y Be, relax. We are the most friendly people that you are likely to find.  Nah! We do not hammer on religionists.  Examine the thread content to see that Atheism dogma  is far from our main thrust.

Jump in with a bit more substance.

LifeisSweet

This is a discussion forum, soooo, discuss.  ;D
"When we exist, death is not; and when death exists, we are not." Epicurus

Y Be

Y Be  Tanks, posted in philosophy.   
4 STEP BY STEP (Tutorial) CLICK HERE>>>https://www.happyatheistforum.com/forum/index.php?topic=16757.msg407200#msg407200<<< Either G or -G   >  G is necessarily G (implicit in the concept of G)  >  -G is impossible
  If  -G, then (-R)eason   
  but (R)eason.

Y Be

Wow, I thought this was a :) place.
1.   CIVILITY:  To maintain a happy and productive forum atmosphere, members are to remember the importance of civility by striving to comply with the forums conduct guidelines.

Started  a   :grouphug: thread .  But apparently this place is more   :lynch:   than  :)

If  -G, then (-R)eason   
  but (R)eason.

Y Be

Quote from: LifeisSweet on November 02, 2020, 09:19:55 PM
This is a discussion forum, soooo, discuss.  ;D

I started a thread in philosophy, but discussion was way to hard

Hope you find it easier to discuss than I did... :spock:   
  If  -G, then (-R)eason   
  but (R)eason.

Randy

Welcome, Y Be. The group here is very friendly. You mentioned books. What books do you like?
"Maybe it's just a bunch of stuff that happens." -- Homer Simpson
"Some people focus on the destination. Atheists focus on the journey." -- Barry Goldberg

Recusant

Quote from: Y Be on November 04, 2020, 01:14:47 AM
Wow, I thought this was a :) place.
1.   CIVILITY:  To maintain a happy and productive forum atmosphere, members are to remember the importance of civility by striving to comply with the forums conduct guidelines.

Started  a   :grouphug: thread .  But apparently this place is more   :lynch:   than  :)

Your evaluation is noted.
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

LifeisSweet

Hello Y Be.  Hope you are still here.

Your "Y Be" name reminds me of my thinking back in 1968 as a freshman in college, shortly after I realized I was an atheist.  I found myself often asking "Why live?" as I was searching for some meaning to life other than being placed here by a supreme being for some divine purpose.  I had a sign on my dormitory wall that read "Life is nothing more than an animal's brief and frightened flight between nothingness and oblivion".

One day I replied to my own question with "Why not!"  That reversal helped me realize that I owned my life and its purpose was what I assigned it.  I did not have to follow the path that others laid out for me: college>post grad>military>9-5 job>marriage>2.4 kids>retirement>death.  The world was my oyster and I can go anywhere and be anything I chose.  I chose maximum happiness (within the constraints of legal and social limitations, similar to Epicureanism).

I wrote the following poem, posted it on my dormitory wall, and promptly quit college after just one semester.  I am now 70 and feel that I have succeeded in my goal.  I managed my life ever conscience of my whole life perspective and I couldn't be happier!

The Easy Life (1968)

There once was a road from beginning to end,
an endless dirt path with never a bend.
It stretched through the forest which lay at its edge,
and along either side grew a tall dark hedge.

Small creatures there were along this path cluttered,
and like jabbering birds straight ahead fluttered.
This must be the road each one would say,
and man followed man till the end of his day.

The forest is so full,
who knows what's beyond.
But don't leave that road,
you may never get back on.

"When we exist, death is not; and when death exists, we are not." Epicurus

Icarus

Interesting poem ^.    :studious: