News:

If you have any trouble logging in, please contact admins via email. tankathaf *at* gmail.com or
recusantathaf *at* gmail.com

Main Menu

animals in your life

Started by billy rubin, April 23, 2020, 01:04:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

billy rubin

so i stepped onto the kitchen porch at 0500 this morning to go to work and there is a large cage.

inside the cage is a young raccoon.

further developments to be announced.

set the function, not the mechanism.

billy rubin

there were two. too small to be away from the mother, one was dead.

so now we are bottle raising yet another trash panda.

luckily we seem to be at equilbrium with tbe chicken/raccoon relationship.

we keep enough dog food on the porch, and the chickens survive

Tank

What a cute little critter.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

billy rubin

theyre intelligent, social, and tame easily. they can be a probem in the wild because theyre part of nature, and nature doesnt share.

this one would have died in the rain last night if my wife hadnt rescued it from a box someone left under a tree. dunno what happened to the mother .

currently we sre feeding at least five on the kitchen porch at night, two of which are familiar with bananas. last night they wete inspecting the baby in the cage

hermes2015

You are good people, Billy.  :love:
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

Tank

"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett

billy rubin

theyre cool animals. theyve been pests in the past, but not latley

MarcusA

Cats are familiar to witches
Because cats like humans are
Inherently selfish.
This user has been banned for spamming the forum.

MarcusA

Man is a political animal.
- Transcribed from Aristotle

billy rubin

there are seven raccoons on my porch for dinner. the rescue sleeps snuggled up with the cats and comes running in about 0700 for breakfast.

the others hang out to see what my wife will give them

MarcusA

Do racoons make a racket?

billy rubin

they trill, like rolling your rs without the r part

billy rubin

here he is yesterday morning.

came out at 0500 looking for raisins. hes biggere than th ekittens now, and the adult cats mostly ignore him. the adult raccoons mostly ignore him too. hes not old enough to be significant yet, but they tolerate him and his handsies very well.

he's completely free to come and go now, but still sleeps in his cage in the hammock my wife made for him out of a tea towel.

why do they call them tea towels?

MarcusA

Spottie the dog
is a little rascal,
always getting out

Tank

Quote from: billy rubin on July 21, 2023, 12:03:50 AMhere he is yesterday morning.

came out at 0500 looking for raisins. hes biggere than th ekittens now, and the adult cats mostly ignore him. the adult raccoons mostly ignore him too. hes not old enough to be significant yet, but they tolerate him and his handsies very well.

he's completely free to come and go now, but still sleeps in his cage in the hammock my wife made for him out of a tea towel.

why do they call them tea towels?

That is such a wonderful picture.