News:

There is also the shroud of turin, which verifies Jesus in a new way than other evidences.

Main Menu

Creation Museum Video

Started by Whitney, June 17, 2008, 04:04:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Whitney

[youtube:2xgcm2m4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wzjjxi7f0Oc[/youtube:2xgcm2m4]

This is such a waste of money, brain power, and artistic talent.

:rant:

tornado

The fact that this museum exists is an absolute insult to science.

However, if they're charging an entry fee, I applaud these folks as excellent businessmen capitalizing on an easily swayed target market.

Will

I'd give any amount of money to see those animatronic velociraptors* eat the children.

*Actual velociraptors averaged less than 3' tall, the height misconception of course coming from Jurassic Park. Further BS science, I guess.
I want bad people to look forward to and celebrate the day I die, because if they don't, I'm not living up to my potential.

Asmodean

OH TELL ME THEY ARE NOT USING TAX PAYERS' MONEY FOR THAT!  :raised:
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

OldGit

My first reaction was to fall about laughing.  Then I started to think ... it's terrifying that this project could even get off the ground.  In Europe, at the moment, it would be unthinkable - but I'm not being smug, it could come here yet. :(
I am very, very sorry for the US and very afraid for Britain.

Promethium147

HOHO, this is but one teeny, tiny example.

We have two choices here - to laugh, or to cry. Neither makes any difference - to them. Choose for your own sake.

That resources are thus wasted - to destroy the resource of Mind - while THE PLANET IS BURNING DOWN is what disturbs me most - I don't think we're gonna make it. Doesn't mean I won't try, of course.

Humor is a terrible weapon that brings down mighty nations - but as all things funny rely on Truth, only Mighty Evil Nations are subject.

Criticise - with Humor, it sells, it spreads, it just won't die.

Lewis Black said - "These people regard the Flintstones as a documentary".

But always make the point - they aren't merely wrong, they're killing all of us. The End of the World is, after all, their stated objective.   :beer:

Chimera

"It's time to take up the sword of God's Word."

Step 1: Take up Sword
Step 2: Remove brain
"I refuse to believe in a god who is the primary cause of conflict in the world, preaches racism, sexism, homophobia, and ignorance, and then sends me to hell if I’m 'bad.'" â€" Mike Fuhrman

jcm

So where in the bible is the part when god dropped his bowling ball near the yucatan peninsula?

*human force-fields activate*
For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. -cs

rlrose328

Here are some photos from the completed Creation Museum:

Creation Museum Photos

Just listening to those people talk makes me physically ill... "No, I just won't believe them ," woman said about evolution.  ARHGH!!!!   :brick:

So don't believe it... waste all of your time on this earth believing a fairy tale is true.  Not a waste of my time at all.
**Kerri**
The Rogue Atheist Scrapbooker
Come visit me on Facebook!

MariaEvri

I donno if this is funny or sad. I feel sorry for the poor children taht will be fed those lies and will grow up believing them :(
God made me an atheist, who are you to question his wisdom!
www.poseidonsimons.com

cookie

Wow. That left me speechless. That museum is an insult to intelligence! They really had better not be spending tax dollars on that, it's bad enough that churches are exempt.

Anyway, is there anything we can do to fix this? I dunno, maybe a museum of the REAL history of earth next door or across the street? Build a hospital next to it, and call it something like "Hospital-because millions of bacteria are evolving to resist medicine every day"?
Look, and you will See. Listen, and you will Hear. Think, and you will Understand

Learn first to Look and Listen. Thinking and Understanding do not come before observation.

afreethinker30

I could not watch it.I keep seeing the commericals for it now,for some reason they are shown alot during Ellen.You would think women and minority groups would get pissy about this.Seeing how the Christian bible promotes sexism and racism.

rlrose328

I found an even better blog with photos and a great narrative of a visit to the museum.  He has some great photos, much better than the other link I provided above.  

Blue Grass Roots blog about the Creation Museum

Here is something that disturbed me from one of the comments:

"First of all, consider the fact that Answers in Genesis is a 501c3; They are a religious "church" orgnazation so all contributions to them are tax deductible. Not clear what happens to their "profits" -- anyone know the tax law on that? As well, it's pretty certain they're exempt from all property tax on their 50+ acre estate! Bottom line, you, me, all of us are subsidizing this insanity with our hard earned tax dollars!!!"

Can anyone confirm this?  I don't know how to research that one.

And from another comment:  "At the end of this museum is a chapel where one is supposed to accept Jesus Christ as their personal Lord and Savior. Doesn’t anyone else find it terribly disturbing that this is part of a “museum”? Let’s call it what it really is â€" a big, life-sized tract; a propaganda piece that will do little more than preach to the choir and make Christian fundamentalists feel legitimized."

Wow.
**Kerri**
The Rogue Atheist Scrapbooker
Come visit me on Facebook!

afreethinker30

Quote from: "rlrose328"I found an even better blog with photos and a great narrative of a visit to the museum.  He has some great photos, much better than the other link I provided above.  

Blue Grass Roots blog about the Creation Museum

Here is something that disturbed me from one of the comments:

"First of all, consider the fact that Answers in Genesis is a 501c3; They are a religious "church" orgnazation so all contributions to them are tax deductible. Not clear what happens to their "profits" -- anyone know the tax law on that? As well, it's pretty certain they're exempt from all property tax on their 50+ acre estate! Bottom line, you, me, all of us are subsidizing this insanity with our hard earned tax dollars!!!"

Can anyone confirm this?  I don't know how to research that one.

And from another comment:  "At the end of this museum is a chapel where one is supposed to accept Jesus Christ as their personal Lord and Savior. Doesn’t anyone else find it terribly disturbing that this is part of a “museum”? Let’s call it what it really is â€" a big, life-sized tract; a propaganda piece that will do little more than preach to the choir and make Christian fundamentalists feel legitimized."

Wow.

Well under Bush churches have recieved even more tax breaks.I know he has even invested some money towards church driven sex ed which pretty much means no sex ed at all just dont have sex.Donations can not be taxed where I live thats why alot of places like Planned Parenthood and the animal control asks for them in return for services.

Loffler

How are we subsidizing them with our tax dollars?