News:

In case of downtime/other tech emergencies, you can relatively quickly get in touch with Asmodean Prime by email.

Main Menu

Reasons to be cheerful!

Started by Tank, June 26, 2010, 03:13:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

xSilverPhinx

Happy mother's day to all the mothers here! :love:
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Magdalena

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on May 09, 2021, 02:20:15 PM
Happy mother's day to all the mothers here! :love:
Thank you, Fernandita. :hug:

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Davin

Happy Mother's Day yesterday and Mexican Mother's Day today.
Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

Magdalena

Quote from: Davin on May 10, 2021, 03:42:35 PM
Happy Mother's Day yesterday and Mexican Mother's Day today.
Yes, thank you, Davinsito.  :hug2:

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Randy

I'd forgotten that yesterday (Sunday) was mother's day. Congratulations on staying sane. I've had two children and I think they've aged me greatly!
"Maybe it's just a bunch of stuff that happens." -- Homer Simpson
"Some people focus on the destination. Atheists focus on the journey." -- Barry Goldberg

Magdalena

Quote from: Randy on May 11, 2021, 05:01:00 AM
I'd forgotten that yesterday (Sunday) was mother's day. Congratulations on staying sane. I've had two children and I think they've aged me greatly!
Thank you, Randy.  :lol:

Tank

I have taken up litter picking around my local area. Known as 'Wombling' after the 'Wombles of Wimbledon Common'.

If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Recusant

There's a subset of geocachers who make a practice of CITO "cache in, trash out," which can be as minimal as picking up at least one item of rubbish found during the search or in the vicinity of the geocache. It has long been my personal practice to clear some rubbish from areas that I visit and enjoy, so the "CITO" ethos is a natural for me. I'll even bring along a sack, if I'm feeling ambitious. I'm rarely disappointed, even in somewhat remote areas.  ::)
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

Icarus

If this was the grumpy thread I would say that a lot of people are irresponsible slobs.  I live on a street that is drive time busy.   A few of those those pigs asses throw all sorts of trash out of their car windows. 

On the plus side I am pleased to notice that there are many daily walkers who routinely pick up the trash that the slobs have carelessly deposited into an otherwise pleasant neighborhood.

Tank

I get thanked pretty regularly by people who see me Wombling.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Anne D.

This weekend I graduated law school at the ripe young age of 45 (in the US it's a 3-year postgrad degree). It was a grueling semester in many ways, not least of which involved my not being able to breathe well after developing really bad bronchitis. End of last month when I was finally able to get in to a pulmonologist (US has The.Best.Health.Care.System.In.The.World!) my lung function was down to 30 percent. The pulmonologist, an Aussie, was amazing and kind and extremely competent and got me on meds and breathing normally again in a few days. I can fucking breathe again! So fucking grateful and happy. Weeded my little garden today. Spring has sprung here. I'm vaccinated as are all my peops, whom I finally got to see and hug this weekend after a year of not. Feeling so grateful and happy.  :D

Bad Penny II

Quote from: Anne D. on May 20, 2021, 03:24:52 AM
This weekend I graduated law school at the ripe young age of 45 (in the US it's a 3-year postgrad degree). It was a grueling semester in many ways, not least of which involved my not being able to breathe well after developing really bad bronchitis. End of last month when I was finally able to get in to a pulmonologist (US has The.Best.Health.Care.System.In.The.World!) my lung function was down to 30 percent. The pulmonologist, an Aussie, was amazing and kind and extremely competent and got me on meds and breathing normally again in a few days. I can fucking breathe again! So fucking grateful and happy. Weeded my little garden today. Spring has sprung here. I'm vaccinated as are all my peops, whom I finally got to see and hug this weekend after a year of not. Feeling so grateful and happy.  :D

Excellent! 
Take my advice, don't listen to me.

jumbojak

"Amazing what chimney sweeping can teach us, no? Keep your fire hot and
your flue clean."  - Ecurb Noselrub

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

Anne D.

Thanks, Bad Penny and jumbojak  :)

Dark Lightning

Congrats!  :pedant: 🠐 in a good way!