News:

Departing the Vacuousness

Main Menu

Santorini

Started by Ecurb Noselrub, May 12, 2021, 11:33:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ecurb Noselrub

Has anyone here ever stayed in Santorini, Greece?  Looking for a decent place to stay in Oia. Suggestions?

hermes2015

Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on May 12, 2021, 11:33:25 PM
Has anyone here ever stayed in Santorini, Greece?  Looking for a decent place to stay in Oia. Suggestions?

I love Santorini! It is wonderfully photogenic and has quite a different atmosphere to Mykonos, which is also delightful. I have only been on day visits when the cruise ships stop for the day, but my daughter has stayed a few times. I will ask her what she can recommend.
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

hermes2015

It seems she has only been twice. She was not happy with the hotels she stayed at both times, so she didn't even want to divulge the names. She did say, however that friends have spoken highly of Pezoules. But I guess she is used to staying at places like the George 5 in Paris and the Hassler in Rome.
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

xSilverPhinx

I've never been, but Greece has been on my travel list since like forever! :grin: It is a gorgeous country with a lot of history. Who knows once the pandemic is over? :grin:
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Ecurb Noselrub

Quote from: hermes2015 on May 13, 2021, 10:41:26 AM
It seems she has only been twice. She was not happy with the hotels she stayed at both times, so she didn't even want to divulge the names. She did say, however that friends have spoken highly of Pezoules. But I guess she is used to staying at places like the George 5 in Paris and the Hassler in Rome.

Thanks!  I'll check it out.  The plan is a week there and a week on a Viking cruise from Athens to Istanbul.  Looking forward ti it.

hermes2015

Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on May 13, 2021, 04:33:10 PM

Thanks!  I'll check it out.  The plan is a week there and a week on a Viking cruise from Athens to Istanbul.  Looking forward ti it.

Those Eastern Mediterranean cruises are wonderful. I can also recommend visiting Croatia, if there is any possibility of doing it.
― Charles Eames

Ecurb Noselrub

Quote from: hermes2015 on May 13, 2021, 05:01:04 PM

Those Eastern Mediterranean cruises are wonderful. I can also recommend visiting Croatia, if there is any possibility of doing it.

I've been to Croatia, Slovenia and Serbia, but Dubrovnik is still on the list.  I checked out Pezoules' website.  That looks fantastic!  I think I've made my choice, if I can coordinate it with the cruise.  Thanks.

hermes2015

Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on May 13, 2021, 08:10:52 PM

I've been to Croatia, Slovenia and Serbia, but Dubrovnik is still on the list.  I checked out Pezoules' website.  That looks fantastic!  I think I've made my choice, if I can coordinate it with the cruise.  Thanks.

Bon voyage!
― Charles Eames

Randy

Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on May 13, 2021, 08:10:52 PM

I'm glad you found a place to your liking. Get everything secured and go have a good time!
"Maybe it's just a bunch of stuff that happens." -- Homer Simpson
"Some people focus on the destination. Atheists focus on the journey." -- Barry Goldberg

Ecurb Noselrub

Booked a room at Pezoules in Oia for Oct. 2022.  Then booked a Viking cruise from Athens to Istanbul.  I'll let you know what it's like.

hermes2015

Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on May 16, 2021, 10:40:39 PM
Booked a room at Pezoules in Oia for Oct. 2022.  Then booked a Viking cruise from Athens to Istanbul.  I'll let you know what it's like.

Excellent! I hope you will have a wonderful time.
― Charles Eames

Ecurb Noselrub

Quote from: hermes2015 on May 17, 2021, 04:17:35 AM

Thanks again for the recommendation.

hermes2015

Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on May 17, 2021, 09:14:53 PM
Quote from: hermes2015 on May 17, 2021, 04:17:35 AM

Thanks again for the recommendation.

You're welcome. I hope it is still up to standard!
― Charles Eames

Biggus Dickus

I got so excited when I initially saw this thread as I thought it was about the legendary guitarist Joe Satriani...who happens to be such an incredible musician that he deserves his own thread!

Funny thing I was reminiscing with an old friend of mine just last weekend about a time he and I saw Joe Satriani live here in Detroit at a small, but legendary club called Harpos.

We had a small table close to the stage (Small meaning the table-top was the size of a small lunch plate) His show was excellent, but I had been working a lot at the time, and the show was later in the night so I nodded off a few times during the show! (I was drinking coffee that night as I was exhausted, though I did have a couple shots)

Joe actually pointed at me at one point during the show, and said he wanted to apologize as apparently his music was putting me to sleep!!

After the show we got to meet briefly with Joe and the band!! He even gave us both guitar picks!

Anyway I haven't been to Greece,...sorry didn't mean to derail the thread. ::)

"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

Dark Lightning

Haven't even been out of the country except to buy some wool blankets when we walked across the border into Mexico. Loves me some Satriani music, for certain!

I wouldn't mind doing the cruise thing, once the plague thing settles out. Having been vaccinated should help. Did that last March.