News:

There is also the shroud of turin, which verifies Jesus in a new way than other evidences.

Main Menu

Well I never!

Started by Tank, April 16, 2021, 09:14:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Icarus

Volume is increased, and stress is more evenly distributed across the skin surfaces.   Flat plates are much easier to bend or dent than the compound curved shape of the sphere

The blasting media is submerged in water when initiated.  Water is more dense and can have more dynamic force to distend the previously flat panels of the vessel. 

Many moons ago I was in military demolition school.  Our mission as Coast Guardsmen was mostly to disarm enemy devices such as torpedos and mines. We were also instructed in some of the methods of espionage. We tinkered with what was then called "shape charges".  Imagine a sheet metal cone about the size of a souffle cup.  Fill the cone with a suitable explosive such as Composition C.  When fired the little device would make a neat round hole in steel plate.  Other shapes of sheet metal containers could make different sizes and shapes of holes.

billy rubin

Quote from: Icarus on April 20, 2021, 06:23:46 PM
Many moons ago I was in military demolition school. 

okay, you can't leave this alone.

i want to hear everything you have to say about this.

"I cannot understand the popularity of that kind of music, which is based on repetition. In a civilized society, things don't need to be said more than three times."

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Tank on April 19, 2021, 09:47:08 AM
Quote from: xSilverPhinx on April 19, 2021, 12:32:15 AM
Those are obviously the metal eggs of huge robots. These are commonly found in manufacturing plants robot breeding grounds and that is how we make more robots for industry. It is known.

Or giant robot testicles?

:o They're harvesting giant robot testicles now? What has the world come to?  ::)
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey