News:

In case of downtime/other tech emergencies, you can relatively quickly get in touch with Asmodean Prime by email.

Main Menu

Duke of Bullshit: "The" Donald

Started by Recusant, November 11, 2015, 11:29:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arturo

^

He also said they should be fired if they do not stand for the anthem.
It's Okay To Say You're Welcome
     Just let people be themselves.
     Arturo The1  リ壱

Icarus

Those guys have every right to register their protest by sluffing off the national anthem.  On the other hand, they are in show business and are paid rather large sums of money to put on their show which does not include protest demonstrations.  If the box office begins to suffer, then the employer will almost surely have to take some measures.

Pro sports are business enterprises.   Will demonstrations of the kind that Koepernik and others are doing actually change anything in the societal realm in a positive way?  I can not blame these guys for doing what they are doing, but I fear that it is a counter productive exercise.

Dave

Seems it is against the law for a president, or member of the legislature, to interfere with the employment of a citizen. Like calling for them to be sacked. Does the law distinguish between rhetorical and sincere speech I wonder.

It also seems that some of the team owners, who may have been on Trump's side in his campaign, have sided with their players on this.
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

Magdalena

Does anyone know exactly how many more days we have to put up with the USA's divider-in-chief?  :-\

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

No one

Hopefully raps, planet moron realizes soon that their king is missing, and they come take him home.

Dave

Oops, Imgur does not seem to be working for me at the moment.

Recusant

Quote from: Magdalena on September 25, 2017, 04:23:46 PM
Does anyone know exactly how many more days we have to put up with the USA's divider-in-chief?  :-\

There's an online countdown:D
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

Magdalena

Quote from: Recusant on September 25, 2017, 05:25:35 PM
Quote from: Magdalena on September 25, 2017, 04:23:46 PM

There's an online countdown:D
Time Until Trump Leaves Office
YEARS 
:

MONTHS 
:

DAYS 
:

HOURS 
:

MINUTES 
:

And a few seconds...

:tellmemore:

~Thank you, Recusant:hug:

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Recusant

Quote from: Magdalena on September 25, 2017, 06:41:24 PM~Thank you, Recusant:hug:

:hug: I'd say 'my pleasure' but it doesn't please me to realize just how long the world will be plagued by that blowhard asshat as head of state of the US.   :(
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

Magdalena

Quote from: Recusant on September 25, 2017, 06:51:40 PM
Quote from: Magdalena on September 25, 2017, 06:41:24 PM~Thank you, Recusant:hug:

:hug: I'd say 'my pleasure' but it doesn't please me to realize just how long the world will be plagued by that blowhard asshat as head of state of the US.   :(

I know what you mean, but seeing those numbers constantly change, give me hope...But most importantly, it lets me know that the reign of that blowhard asshat will come to an end.
:frolic:

Do you know what people call him besides a blowhard asshat? 
What Word Comes to Mind When People Think About President Trump? Idiot, Incompetent, Leader

::)

.......OH! I almost forgot! When we move the clock back one hour every year, that's another hour that we don't have to deal with our Idiot, Incompetent, Leader.  :smilenod:

Magdalena

Quote from: No one on September 25, 2017, 04:39:26 PM
Hopefully raps, planet moron realizes soon that their king is missing, and they come take him home.
:abduct:
:cheersfortwo:

Dave

Trump might now said to be the keader of the American "community".

Magdalena

Did any of you watch this last night? It's hilarious!
(You don't have to watch the whole thing if you don't want to, but I recommend the first 13 minutes.)

The Late Show with Stephen Colbert
http://www.cbs.com/shows/the-late-show-with-stephen-colbert/video/svBr1GIC2Vy20FpbXTIhNT95caHoEae2/the-late-show-9-25-2017-sterling-k-brown-and-chance-the-rapper-/

Dave

^
Oh, well, another one not available here . . .

Magdalena

Quote from: Dave on September 26, 2017, 05:47:50 PM
^
Oh, well, another one not available here . . .

Don't worry, my friend, Maleficent Mags is here to save the day. ;D
Enjoy it.

...Here's the rest of it: