News:

The default theme for this site has been updated. For further information, please take a look at the announcement regarding HAF changing its default theme.

Main Menu

Duke of Bullshit: "The" Donald

Started by Recusant, November 11, 2015, 11:29:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arturo

Quote from: Gloucester on February 28, 2017, 07:15:43 PM
Arturo wrote:
QuoteI'm just going to go out on a limb and say he's retarded. I don't mean that in a conical or metaphorical way . . .

Conical? As in

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Lol I've been typing on my tablet lately because my computer doesn't like me right now. So now we're best buddies right.

FYI, I meant comical.
It's Okay To Say You're Welcome
     Just let people be themselves.
     Arturo The1  リ壱

Bad Penny II

Quote from: Tom62 on February 28, 2017, 08:14:24 PM
I think that Trump is a typical case of "either you like him or hate him". There doesn't seem to be any middle ground

People say that "either or thing", I don't hate them for it but it's a bit annoying.
Polarising is a good word, they could refer to bell curves and deviations, distributions.
I expect there is a middle ground.
I find him repugnant but I don't hate him.
He hasn't fondled anyone important to me.
Take my advice, don't listen to me.

Dave

Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

Arturo

According to that article that Gloucester sourced, it says this when talking about Obamacare:

QuoteSenior Republicans have said legislation to replace it will be unveiled in March but several recent polls have suggested that support for the scheme is actually growing

Does "scheme" mean the Affordable Care Act or the act of Republicans trying to repeal it?
     Arturo The1  リ壱

Dave

Quote from: Arturo on March 06, 2017, 02:28:33 AM
According to that article that Gloucester sourced, it says this when talking about Obamacare:

QuoteSenior Republicans have said legislation to replace it will be unveiled in March but several recent polls have suggested that support for the scheme is actually growing

Does "scheme" mean the Affordable Care Act or the act of Republicans trying to repeal it?
I read that as support for ACA. Perhaps the Trumpites have finally realised that ACA and Obamacare are tge same thing and that ACA is not all that bad.

Arturo

Quote from: Gloucester on March 06, 2017, 07:17:05 AM

I read that as support for ACA. Perhaps the Trumpites have finally realised that ACA and Obamacare are tge same thing and that ACA is not all that bad.

I watch an anime that has an abriviation, "DRRR" and I thought of it just now when you said that.
     Arturo The1  リ壱

Dave

Quote from: Arturo on March 06, 2017, 05:18:35 PM

I watch an anime that has an abriviation, "DRRR" and I thought of it just now when you said that.

:query:

Arturo

Quote from: Gloucester on March 06, 2017, 06:36:26 PM

Maybe I wasn't clear enough when I posted that. The abriviation looks like something that someone says when they are dumb, (if you pronounce "DRRR")
     Arturo The1  リ壱

Dave

Quote from: Arturo on March 06, 2017, 11:25:51 PM
Quote from: Gloucester on March 06, 2017, 06:36:26 PM

Maybe I wasn't clear enough when I posted that. The abriviation looks like something that someone says when they are dumb, (if you pronounce "DRRR")

I would spell it "durr", a variation of "doh" or "duh".

"ACA" . Never, heard heard or seen that as an expression of dumbness.

Arturo

I think we're getting lost in semantics over something small. The "DRRR" or "duff" is what the "Trumpites", as you call them, would be saying.
     Arturo The1  リ壱

Icarus

The most recent crackpot idea of our imperial leader involves cutting the operating funds of the US Coast Guard.  The savings are to be applied to the cost of the wall.  News flash!  The coast guard dollar will catch far more attempted illegal entrants, drug runners, gun runners and assorted criminals and terrorists than the same dollar or ten times as many dollars spent on a dumb ass wall.  The Coasties also maintain the nations aids to navigation and perform search and rescue operations whenever and wherever needed. 

Ecurb Noselrub

Quote from: Icarus on March 08, 2017, 08:59:50 PM
The most recent crackpot idea of our imperial leader involves cutting the operating funds of the US Coast Guard.  The savings are to be applied to the cost of the wall.  News flash!  The coast guard dollar will catch far more attempted illegal entrants, drug runners, gun runners and assorted criminals and terrorists than the same dollar or ten times as many dollars spent on a dumb ass wall.  The Coasties also maintain the nations aids to navigation and perform search and rescue operations whenever and wherever needed.

This is a horrible idea. Cutting funding for the Coast Guard is one of his stupidest ideas yet.  Hopefully Congress will see that.

Recusant

"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

Arturo

Well Obamacare, aka the Affordable Care Act, is safe. Not enough votes from the republicans and the effort failed due to that. Trump is surely crying in the office and his wife is with someone else in his bed.
     Arturo The1  リ壱

Tom62

Quote from: Arturo on March 26, 2017, 08:15:16 PM
Well Obamacare, aka the Affordable Care Act, is safe. Not enough votes from the republicans and the effort failed due to that. Trump is surely crying in the office and his wife is with someone else in his bed.

That was the best news of the week. About the ACA, not about Trump's wife, that is.
The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein