News:

When one conveys certain things, particularly of such gravity, should one not then appropriately cite sources, authorities...

Main Menu

Duke of Bullshit: "The" Donald

Started by Recusant, November 11, 2015, 11:29:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave

Quote from: Recusant on January 27, 2017, 03:44:45 AM
Alex Jones (InfoWars) says that the Trump administration has offered him press credentials to attend White House press briefings. I think I see where this is going.

Trump said that since the press didn't like the idea of being kicked out of the White House, he's not going to do that. Instead, rather than the current longstanding arrangement in which the White House Correspondents' Association decides who gets a seat in the briefing room, Trump has said,

QuoteWe have so many people that want to go in so we'll have to just have to pick the people to go into the room – I'm sure other people will be thrilled about that. But we offered a much larger room because we need a much larger room and we offered to do that, but they went crazy.

"Trump Won't Remove Press From White House, But Says He Will Pick Who Gets In" | US News & World Report

At his first press conference as president, Trump brought members of his staff into the room to applaud and cheer him while he sneered at the gathered press and attempted to browbeat particular reporters. It looks to me like he's planning on marginalizing the established press that doesn't kowtow to him and replacing many of their reporters with clowns like Alex Jones.

This is getting more and more like a dystopian future-fiction novel.

Read several,Trump is finding ideas even some good authors never dreamed up!
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

Dave

Quote from: Recusant on January 27, 2017, 04:49:45 AM
I'm probably reading too much into it. It's obvious that Trump is really enjoying the fact that his position lets him lord it over the press. If he didn't have some of the "opposition party" in the room, it wouldn't be as much fun for him.

Well, perhaps the "opposition" should simply stop reporting him as a person. Just comment on the published policy documents and report things like, "-The President spoke on . . .", bare facts only.

He craves publicity, take as much away from him, personaly, as possible - treat him like a talking head.
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

Biggus Dickus

These seem particularly fitting at the moment.

"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

Arturo

https://www.yahoo.com/news/republicans-begin-break-president-trump-035951217.html

Quote...the precedent-breaking new President was testing the patience of Republicans who had hoped he might change tactics and tone once he was in the Oval Office.

Maybe this is a good sign?
It's Okay To Say You're Welcome
     Just let people be themselves.
     Arturo The1  リ壱

Pasta Chick

xSilverPhinx

I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

joeactor

Arturo

Arturo The1  リ壱

Davin

I'd really like him to release his taxes.
Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

Recusant

"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

xSilverPhinx

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Icarus on January 26, 2017, 12:53:26 AM
  ^ I'd think this really funny if the situation were not so serious.

Laugh so as not to cry?

Arturo

I couldn't understand wtf he was trying to get across.
     Arturo The1  リ壱

xSilverPhinx

Maybe he can't decide on the size of something?

Arturo

I feel this video perfectly encompasses everything about the previous one.

Arturo The1  リ壱