News:

If you have any trouble logging in, please contact admins via email. tankathaf *at* gmail.com or
recusantathaf *at* gmail.com

Main Menu

Game: The Next Person... (true or false)

Started by Amicale, May 21, 2012, 10:40:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Asmodean

False, but the concept fascinates The Asmo. Roo tails, you say..? :let'seat:

The next person is also adventurous when it comes to trying new foods?
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Tank

True. As long as the person cooking them also eats them. :)

The next person passed their driving test on their third attempt?
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Asmodean

First, as fortune would have it. Those things are bloody expensive over 'ere.

The next person occasionally goes for a drive just for the drive's sake in spite of the spike in the price of them combustibles?
In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.

Tank

True. I have always liked driving.

The next person will buy an electric car next?
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett

Asmodean

False. My next car is most likely to be diesel-powered, followed (in likeliness - not chronology) by petrol, followed by petrol-electric hybrid, followed by hydrogen, followed by none, followed by battery-electric.

The next person thinks "self-driving" cars, which by the way already exist because that's what taxis are, will become a thing within the next decade?
In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.

Bluenose

True, but I am not impressed by the idea

BTW, I have eaten kangaroo tail, in fact I have cooked roo tail soup, which was delicious!

TNP is not a fan of cold, wet and windy weather.
+++ Divide by cucumber error: please reinstall universe and reboot.  +++

GNU Terry Pratchett

Asmodean

True, to the point where it come sa close third on the list of The Asmo's enemies, behind only Luxembourg and them Smart cars. To put it this way, I'd much rather boil than freeze.

Also, yes, them self-driving cars are less than impressive, especially given the amount of effort that goes into various ethics algorithms which shouldn't even be there to begin with - you are a fucking car. You side with your occupants. always. (That wasn't even an option last I partook in the questionnaire. They didn't even consider that solution. Mark my words, when the AI comes for us all, it will be our own damned fault for being try-hards. [/The Asmo wanders off, muttering peevishly]

...At least it sounds like roos taste good. At least we have that.

The next person would like to unleash the AI and meet an alien civilization?
In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.

Ecurb Noselrub

False, I already live in an alien civilization, filled with MAGA Trumpites. Their intelligence is already artificial - I don't like it and surely don't want to meet another one, which may be even worse.

TNP is eager to see Artemis I blast off successfully.

Tank

True! Can't wait!

I would be very pleased to be able to see both the first and second set of moon landings.

TNP usually wakes up looking forward to a new day?

Asmodean

False. When looking forward to something - like, really looking forward, I tend to find myself unable to sleep the night before.

That's not to say that I wake up cursing the day before it even really starts, but... I just wake up. Go about my business. Some days end in disappointment - some in pleasant ways. Most days? They just end.

The next person could live comfortably without the Internet?
In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.

Tank

True. I used to and would really like to go back to an Internet free world.

I would definitely miss all you guys but I'd be a lot less stressed.

The next person likes prawns in thousand island dressing?

Tom62

False, never tried it but it sounds dreadful. I prefer a prawn cocktail sauce with whisky

TNP has never left the country
The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein

Tank

False. I have been to the west coast of the USA, south to Cape Town and East to Cypress.

TNP has never left the city?

billy rubin

false

i have lived in big cities in lots of places

and all my life i wanted to live as far out in the boondocks as i could and now i do

tnp has had cows piss all over them, far out in  the boondocks

set the function, not the mechanism.

Tank

False: thank goodness!

:o how would you get pissed all over by a cow unless you wanted to? Asking for a friend  ;D

The next person like Hinze Pea & Ham soup?