News:

There is also the shroud of turin, which verifies Jesus in a new way than other evidences.

Main Menu

"Atheist Songs are not All Necessarily About Believing/Disbelieving in God"

Started by AnimatedDirt, November 14, 2011, 05:45:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Davin

Quote from: AnimatedDirt on November 14, 2011, 10:15:06 PM
Quote from: Davin on November 14, 2011, 09:49:27 PM
Take it up with THAT person then.

Also, address the issues you have with people, with the people that expressed them, it's unreasonable to ask someone else to answer for someone who they don't agree with.

It doesn't bother me at all that some person would think this.  I've grown to accept the consensus of this forum in that regard (and life in general).  I don't have issue.  I simply pointed at the most recent accepted thinking that Christians and/or religious people are overall stupid.  No one disagreed, therefore, the consensus is that Atheism and it's followers in disbelief are less stupid, therefore more intelligent.  I asked a question based on this intelligence...that's all.  I don't need it pointed out that the poster of that comment did anything wrong as that is not the point.  The flow of that thread confirms the overall consensus and I simply used that consensus in my question here and referred to that post so that no one think I'm making things up.

No ad hominem attack intended.
lol, are you trolling? You seem to be intentionally missing everyone one of my points and seem to be discussing something with someone else.

I don't care for whatever odd "concensus" you think you perceive, I've said on many occasions and many times on these forums that religious people are not necessarily stupid and that atheists are not necessarily smart. So can we move on from whatever it is you're trying to get me to argue for and you actually discuss what I said? That is if you're even game for discussion (which it does not seem that you are given that you keep asking questions that I've already answered).
Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

Davin

Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

AnimatedDirt

Davin

Quote from: AnimatedDirt on November 15, 2011, 07:58:07 PMOh yes, I'm willing to discuss with you...
That is good, I've already made many points that you've yet to address.

AnimatedDirt

Davin

Quote from: AnimatedDirt on November 15, 2011, 08:08:05 PM
Quote from: Davin on November 15, 2011, 08:03:03 PM
Quote from: AnimatedDirt on November 15, 2011, 07:58:07 PMOh yes, I'm willing to discuss with you...
That is good, I've already made many points that you've yet to address.
Keep waiting.
Which is it? Are you willing to discuss or do I keep waiting?

AnimatedDirt

Quote from: Davin on November 15, 2011, 08:13:09 PM

Post more cartoons...and keep waiting.

Davin

Quote from: AnimatedDirt on November 15, 2011, 08:14:52 PM
Quote from: Davin on November 15, 2011, 08:13:09 PM

Post more cartoons...and keep waiting.
Your persistence on mentioning the cartoon seems to imply that you have a problem with the cartoon, is this correct?

If it is correct, then why not just say that you have a problem with the cartoon and why you have a problem with it? How is one supposed to even consider modifying their behavior if you don't express that you even have a problem?

AnimatedDirt

Quote from: Davin on November 15, 2011, 08:21:45 PM
Your persistence on mentioning the cartoon seems to imply that you have a problem with the cartoon, is this correct?

If it is correct, then why not just say that you have a problem with the cartoon and why you have a problem with it? How is one supposed to even consider modifying their behavior if you don't express that you even have a problem?

You're right.  I should.  I think I'm getting an answer soon...

BTW, I apologize for making a few condescending comments to you.  I shouldn't do that.

Davin

Quote from: AnimatedDirt on November 15, 2011, 08:58:55 PM
Quote from: Davin on November 15, 2011, 08:21:45 PM

You're right.  I should.  I think I'm getting an answer soon...
What kind of answer and why would you even need to wait for an answer to tell me if you have any problems and what those problems are?

Quote from: AnimatedDirtBTW, I apologize for making a few condescending comments to you.  I shouldn't do that.
Oh, they were condescending? I was just very confused, but I'll remember that this kind of behavior in the future might be associated with condescension.

The Magic Pudding

People for a very long time have been believing in god.
It greatly effects their life, present society and history.
It is such a major part of how we got where we are,
but not in the creation sense for me you know.

I often regard religion and their creation as the one thing.
Not always appropriate but in general it works.
God didn't do the killing or ban the contraceptives.
And while people died by the sword, the blade is indifferent.

It seems there's a suggestion atheists are hung up on god,
they somehow can't live without him, keep revisiting him.
Well you know, he keeps visiting us with wars.
I'll be pleased when the final separation is arranged.

God's grip has been slowly slipping for centuries.
But his grip was strong and he still holds on.
I'm amazed by those who see what isn't there.
But I won't ignore what is.

Recusant

"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

AnimatedDirt

Quote from: The Magic Pudding on November 16, 2011, 12:56:51 AM

I'm amazed by more and more songs/poetry against the make-believe from those of higher understanding that ignore exactly there IS to be sung about...THAT can't be ignored.

:)

Sandra Craft

Quote from: AnimatedDirt on November 16, 2011, 05:03:05 AM

I'm amazed by more and more songs/poetry against the make-believe from those of higher understanding that ignore exactly there IS to be sung about...THAT can't be ignored.

:)

And a song that isn't about disbelief in gods would be an a-theist song -- how?
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

Tank

People for a very long time have been believing in god.
It greatly effects their life, present society and history.
It is such a major part of how we got where we are,
but not in the creation sense for me you know.

I often regard religion and their creation as the one thing.
Not always appropriate but in general it works.
God didn't do the killing or ban the contraceptives.
And while people died by the sword, the blade is indifferent.

It seems there's a suggestion atheists are hung up on god,
they somehow can't live without him, keep revisiting him.
Well you know, he keeps visiting us with wars.
I'll be pleased when the final separation is arranged.

God's grip has been slowly slipping for centuries.
But his grip was strong and he still holds on.

Did you write this with a particular tune in mind?
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.