News:

When one conveys certain things, particularly of such gravity, should one not then appropriately cite sources, authorities...

Main Menu

Photography, photos you took, photos you are in, photos you like, the lot!

Started by Tank, June 07, 2011, 07:46:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hermes2015

Quote from: Denny on January 10, 2022, 08:18:18 AM

I can appreciate that image. It has the textural look I've been trying to get with concrete in some recent paintings. I've been obsessed with concrete textures for some months now and have solved the technical challenge of using concrete in paintings. I will be posting some of them in the The Art and things we've made thread... thread soon.
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

Biggus Dickus

They're doing some work outside on one of the buildings at our office complex...look at the size of this crane!

"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

Magdalena

Quote from: Papasito Bruno on February 10, 2022, 06:37:20 PM
They're doing some work outside on one of the buildings at our office complex...look at the size of this crane!

That's big, but I have seen bigger.

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Biggus Dickus

Quote from: Magdalena on February 10, 2022, 07:17:07 PM

Mags!

Where the hell is your sense of decency and modesty? You know there are folks on this forum who don't like those kind of immature jokes!! :geezer!:

Here I am trying to post regular forum type substance, and you go ahead and have to make a "I've seen bigger" joke. :oh dear:

Your comment was really funny though :puppysnicker:...was it out in Kalifornia where you saw the bigger one? I do know they don't have cranes this big down under or in the UK. :dominatrix:

Magdalena

Quote from: Papasito Bruno on February 10, 2022, 08:17:23 PM

Mags!

Where the hell is your sense of decency and modesty? You know there are folks on this forum who don't like those kind of immature jokes!! :geezer!:

Here I am trying to post regular forum type substance, and you go ahead and have to make a "I've seen bigger" joke. :oh dear:

Your comment was really funny though :puppysnicker:...was it out in Kalifornia where you saw the bigger one? I do know they don't have cranes this big down under or in the UK. :dominatrix:
:picard facepalm:

Define: decency and modesty.

--Friends of yours?  :grin:

Yes, Kalifornication nation is where I've seen the bigger ones.
Downtown LA to be exact.

QuoteI do know they don't have cranes this big down under or in the UK. :dominatrix:
You're funny.  ;D

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

xSilverPhinx

:rofl: Best answer ever! :grin:
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Magdalena

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on February 10, 2022, 08:41:29 PM

:rofl: Best answer ever! :grin:
:hug:
Fernadita! It's good to see you here again. Making you smile is always a pleasure. :grin:

billy rubin

"I cannot understand the popularity of that kind of music, which is based on repetition. In a civilized society, things don't need to be said more than three times."

Icarus

That's a Big mutha crane.  Naah,  we have bigger ones in central Florida.

Well not cranes but draglines.  Those enormous things have buckets big enough to have a truck drive in and turn around. They are used in the phosphate industry.  They are so big that they can not use tracks.  They walk in order to move themselves. 

The phosphate mining industry is a curse against the environment. Strip mining is ugly and destructive. 

PBs crane is no doubt a colossally huge tool for the construction industry. One of the "Build Back Better" types.

Biggus Dickus

Quote from: Icarus on February 11, 2022, 01:48:05 AM
That's a Big mutha crane.  Naah,  we have bigger ones in central Florida.

Well not cranes but draglines.  Those enormous things have buckets big enough to have a truck drive in and turn around. They are used in the phosphate industry.  They are so big that they can not use tracks.  They walk in order to move themselves. 

The phosphate mining industry is a curse against the environment. Strip mining is ugly and destructive. 

PBs crane is no doubt a colossally huge tool for the construction industry. One of the "Build Back Better" types.

We've had other cranes outside our buildings before, but that's the biggest one I've seen at the center so far...I was going to ask one of the center workers what they were specifically doing with it, as I couldn't tell from where I was inside. (I work in a different building)
Lately they've had smaller cranes on-site to install signage, repair some glass outside or if installing new heating/cooling equipment on the roof, but I have no idea what they were doing with this monster.

billy rubin

https://linksharing.samsungcloud.com/vDQjybmh5qAi

did this work? pb made me do it.

i didnt take this and i couldnt find the picture of the 10,000 ton marine crane lifting a ship but i found this on tbe way and its cool

"I cannot understand the popularity of that kind of music, which is based on repetition. In a civilized society, things don't need to be said more than three times."

billy rubin

Mr. B

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it" - Evelyn Beatrice Hall

Icarus

Dark Lightning