News:

In case of downtime/other tech emergencies, you can relatively quickly get in touch with Asmodean Prime by email.

Main Menu

advertise!

Started by shoruke, August 26, 2007, 06:16:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

shoruke

I really like this site. Normally I don't get to talk about stuff from an atheist point of view in person (without people threatening to hit me). A site like this is a welcome reprieve for me. However, there never seems to be anyone online. I think that you need to like, advertise more or something, so that more people join the forum.
Atheism is a non-prophet organization.

Tom62

To be honest, I like it that this forum is not so big. I think that on average there are 10 to 20 messages posted per day, which means that I don't have to spend several hours of my valuable time here to check what's going on. I also fear that a larger atheist forum attract more religious fruitcakes, sothat the forum would turn into a battlefield. I'm not here to fight theists. I'm here because I'm a happy atheist.
The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein

SteveS

Yeah - I hear you Tom62 - I like that I can sorta keep up with things here.  Most of the other forums are so large and so active that I just know I'll never be able to keep up with them...

Whitney

Right now there is no organized advertising for this website.  The advertising we do get is from word of mouth and being listed as a first page hit when you type in "atheist forum" into Google.

Larger forums do attract more fundies; I'm really not sure why...maybe it is because in larger forums it is more likely that one of the members will go poke a Christian forum with a stick demanding they come defend their postion at X atheist forum.    Not that we haven't had our share of fundies here either.

Eventually this forum probably will become large...but I do like the botique size we have right now.  I've seen a few forums be ruined by growing to much too fast...growing means having to reorganize your approach to organizing the forums and how you moderate it...changes to either of those can disrupt the previous feel.

shoruke

alrighty, these are all good points I guess... I should change my stance.
Atheism is a non-prophet organization.

rlrose328

I'd like to see it stay this size or maybe just a TINY bit bigger.  I've been on dozens of mailing lists and dozens of atheist forums and those that are BIG (50+ messages per day) have big problems with so many "free thinkers" around.  They cannot agree on anything, even the existence or non-existence of any type of god or gods.

We love to argue a point, us non-believers, even amongst ourselves.  I like it here... much more agreeing than arguing.  :)
**Kerri**
The Rogue Atheist Scrapbooker
Come visit me on Facebook!