News:

Unnecessarily argumentative

Main Menu

What's on your mind today?

Started by Steve Reason, August 25, 2007, 08:15:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tank

Quote from: Dark Lightning on January 14, 2022, 08:11:02 PM
Thanks! I suspect Covid because the symptoms seem more like it than anything else I've experienced.

I think you are right from what I have read and heard elsewhere.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

hermes2015

Thanks! I suspect Covid because the symptoms seem more like it than anything else I've experienced.

A speedy recovery to you!  :maskwink:
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

Dark Lightning

Quote from: hermes2015 on January 15, 2022, 03:18:44 AM

A speedy recovery to you!  :maskwink:

Thanks! I'm actually feeling better, atm. We're going to order test kits tomorrow. I really need to make certain of my situation, both for life threat to myself, and to others. It seems that a huge portion of the US population doesn't.  :???:

Recusant

Glad to hear it's going OK, man.   :thumb: :spock:
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

billy rubin

"I cannot understand the popularity of that kind of music, which is based on repetition. In a civilized society, things don't need to be said more than three times."

Dark Lightning

I am doing OK. Got the call this morning, MiL finally punched out. We just got back home. She was scheduled to go back into hospice care, but wasn't in the system yet, so the care facility had to call 911. In hospice care, it's over when it's over. So, this way it was red lights and sirens, police all over the place, yada yada. All handled. The police were surprised that we weren't more upset. I explained that she'd had a stroke two years previous, paralyzed on the right side. We were told she wouldn't last more than a few days back then, so it wasn't in the least unexpected. Truly, with Alzheimer's, she was already gone. My wife works well when the crisis is on. She's going to melt down pretty soon, though.

hermes2015

Quote from: Dark Lightning on January 16, 2022, 12:36:04 AM
I am doing OK. Got the call this morning, MiL finally punched out. We just got back home. She was scheduled to go back into hospice care, but wasn't in the system yet, so the care facility had to call 911. In hospice care, it's over when it's over. So, this way it was red lights and sirens, police all over the place, yada yada. All handled. The police were surprised that we weren't more upset. I explained that she'd had a stroke two years previous, paralyzed on the right side. We were told she wouldn't last more than a few days back then, so it wasn't in the least unexpected. Truly, with Alzheimer's, she was already gone. My wife works well when the crisis is on. She's going to melt down pretty soon, though.

My sympathies. It is always sad, even if expected. I hope your wife is coping OK.
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

Dark Lightning

Quote from: hermes2015 on January 16, 2022, 03:08:51 AM

My sympathies. It is always sad, even if expected. I hope your wife is coping OK.

Thanks! She's OK so far, but there is going to be upset downstream. I'll just hold her while she cries, same as when my parents died, and she held me.

Magdalena

Quote from: Dark Lightning on January 16, 2022, 04:26:19 AM

Thanks! She's OK so far, but there is going to be upset downstream. I'll just hold her while she cries, same as when my parents died, and she held me.
That's a sweet thing to say, Dark Lightning. I'm sorry for your loss.

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Dark Lightning

Quote from: Magdalena on January 16, 2022, 06:49:38 AM

Thanks!

Tank

Quote from: Magdalena on January 16, 2022, 06:49:38 AM

Sorry for your loss. But as you say she'd gone a while ago.:(
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Ecurb Noselrub

I'm sure your wife values your presence now.

Dark Lightning

billy rubin

bummer. alzheimers is a sad thing. my grandfather had no memories of anything or anybody when he died.

"I cannot understand the popularity of that kind of music, which is based on repetition. In a civilized society, things don't need to be said more than three times."

Icarus

Please accept my condolences DL, and especially for Ms. DL.   lost my own mother to Alsheimer's many years ago.  Not an easy way to go and certainly a crushing long term event for the family.