News:

Look, I haven't mentioned Zeus, Buddah, or some religion.

Main Menu

Started by Whitney, June 22, 2006, 09:40:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Whitney

I've enabled all options for avatar selection. However the gallery option is blank because I haven't loaded any into the gallery. If you have an avatar you would like to use and for some reason don't understand how to post it, just place a message in the questions forum and I'll add it to the avatar gallery or otherwise tell you how to get it on the forum. I have left the gallery blank because most premade avatars suck; if you have a particularly good avatar to add to the gallery let me know and I'll place it on there. I may get bored later and make some myself.

If you have an idea for an avatar in mind but don't know anything about how to make one, time permiting (which I have a lot of right now, summer break, yippie), I can make one for you or maybe another member will.

IMPORTANT: If you are linking to an offsite image for your avatar please size it down to something close to the 80x80px. I tried posting my avatar that way w/o resizing and it took up half a screen. I expect that members will be responsible enough to manage their linked avatars to an appropriate size. Please don't make me have to tell you to change it because it is too big.

If you have a large image that you want made into an avatar it can resized it in a matter of minutes, just link to the image in the questions section and I or another member will adjust it for you.

Asmodean Prime

cool, you want to make one for me if you get a chance? I don't have a clue.

Whitney

Sure...what would you like?

Asmodean Prime

something pokery would be nice!

Whitney

If you don't like that one, it won't hurt my feelings at all.  Here are a couple others I found when googling for poker cards:

Let me know if you want one of these (or something else) instead because they need ot be resized to work as an upload and where they are stored now  loads kinda slowly.

Asmodean Prime

Of the 3, I like that one best...but, i'm going to keep a lookout, and let you know if I find one that can be resized and still be seen...thanks!

HoratioHB

I had a look around the net and found www.avatarity.com - worth a look for anyone wanting some ideas and easy access to a heap of avatars. Each avatar can be resized before downloading so it meets the site requirement of 4kb and less than 80 pixels square.
"Imagination is more important than knowledge" Albert Einstein

Lexxvs

I followed all the rules -size, height, width- but there was no case, it kept telling me that the traits were not fit, even when I made it smaller than the intended/proposed dimensions. I tried to link it out, but told me that the address was incorrect. So, really, I don't know what's going on.
By the way, here is the modest avatar I was trying to add:
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3149/259 ... 68.jpg?v=0

Any idea? Maybe I have to use some kind of file type specific for avatars or something.

Asmodean

It might be too big of size. I'm not sure of the maximum size for avatars. Try saving it as .gif, photobucketing it and remote-linking. That should work. If not, scream for Laetus.  :D
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Whitney

Quote from: "Lexxvs"I followed all the rules -size, height, width- but there was no case, it kept telling me that the traits were not fit, even when I made it smaller than the intended/proposed dimensions. I tried to link it out, but told me that the address was incorrect. So, really, I don't know what's going on.
By the way, here is the modest avatar I was trying to add:
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3149/259 ... 68.jpg?v=0

Any idea? Maybe I have to use some kind of file type specific for avatars or something.

I dropped the ?v=0 from the link and it uploaded fine...as you probably already saw.   :D

Lexxvs

Thank you Laetus. Who would have told about that detail. Mysterious things of the unkown. :confused: