News:

Look, I haven't mentioned Zeus, Buddah, or some religion.

Main Menu

What are you drinking now?

Started by Ecurb Noselrub, December 25, 2020, 03:15:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Randy

Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on January 01, 2021, 10:15:58 PM
Quote from: Randy on January 01, 2021, 07:53:30 PM
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on January 01, 2021, 06:57:06 PM
So far, one St. Arnold's Christmas Ale for lunch, with plans to finish off the champagne this afternoon, watch some football (handegg, for the Brits), and then sip on the Copper Run blended whiskey I brought in Missouri later.  Good start to the New Year.  And my wife is cooking cornbread to go with our black-eyed peas, flavored with bacon, for later.
That is a good southern meal anytime. My parents were at best lower middle class I suppose but they couldn't afford much. So we ate like that a lot just as you described it.

Yep, any kind of legume and hot, buttered cornbread is good.
Cornbread in an iron skillet. Now that's the way to go!
"Maybe it's just a bunch of stuff that happens." -- Homer Simpson
"Some people focus on the destination. Atheists focus on the journey." -- Barry Goldberg

Icarus

Southerners are obliged to have Black eyed peas and rice ( called HoppinJohn by some) on New Years day.  Failure to serve that repast will cause bad luck and invading Yankee snow birds for the entire year. Additional  insurance involves cornbread which is  good vittles.

Randy

It's strange. I've moved all over the place including overseas while I was a child. My parents were southern so if it weren't for them I wouldn't have ever indulged in such a banquet. And it wasn't just for New Year's either although it was served then. We'd have it many times throughout the year. I can still picture the ladle with the black eyed peas pouring over the cornbread I just broke open. Neither of my wives cooked like that.
"Some people focus on the destination. Atheists focus on the journey." -- Barry Goldberg

Davin

Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

Randy

I'm drinking Butter Toffee coffee with French vanilla creamer. I think I've found a blend that I can tolerate and truly enjoy. :)

Tank

If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Randy

Water for now and coffee for later.

xSilverPhinx

I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

xSilverPhinx

I'm drinking a Brazilian fizzy drink, called Guaraná. It's made from this odd looking berry here:

Looks like eyes to me. :chin:

Randy

I'm drinking hot peppermint tea with a peppermint stick for stirring.

Dark Lightning

I'm sitting here stewing about the kind of shit people we have here in my country. I'm hoping  ::) for speedy prosecution and incarceration (hanging would be good) of ALL those involved.

Ecurb Noselrub

Booker's bourbon, a Jim Beam special spirit that is 64.5% ABV.  Nice!!!!

hermes2015

"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

xSilverPhinx

Randy