News:

Look, I haven't mentioned Zeus, Buddah, or some religion.

Main Menu

Playing Nice With Search Engines -- New Default Theme

Started by Recusant, January 27, 2020, 03:27:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hermes2015

Quote from: Asmodean on April 16, 2020, 10:43:25 AM
Nothing wrong with suggesting changes to the theme - be they minor or otherwise.

Suggest your wishes, and we shall see if that can and ought be done.  8)

Thank you very much.
:boaterhat:
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

Asmodean Prime

Quote from: hermes2015 on April 16, 2020, 06:03:07 AM
Quote from: Recusant on April 16, 2020, 05:30:20 AM
Any comments or questions about the new default theme are welcome.

Recusant, on the whole I like the clean look and typeface of the new theme. I have a nit-picky request, though: would it be possible to move the item "Recent Unread Topics" to the top of the list, or display it a bit more prominently? I spend a few extra milliseconds looking for it every time I want to click on it.

Links reordered.

hermes2015

Quote from: Asmodean Prime on April 18, 2020, 11:01:04 AM

Recusant, on the whole I like the clean look and typeface of the new theme. I have a nit-picky request, though: would it be possible to move the item "Recent Unread Topics" to the top of the list, or display it a bit more prominently? I spend a few extra milliseconds looking for it every time I want to click on it.

Links reordered.

You are a good man. Thank you very much.

:cheers:
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

hermes2015

Quote from: Asmodean Prime on April 18, 2020, 11:01:04 AM

Links reordered.

A bit of feedback: after living with the new link order since the change, I find it much more convenient and faster to use. Thanks again.
― Charles Eames

billy rubin

i suppose im a peasant on this stuff. every time i get a formst change i go to my profile a reset to SMF default.

so everything always stays thez zame for me.

News has been received from the Punjab that the Amritsar mob has again broken out in a violent attack against the authorities. The rebels were repulsed by the military and they suffered 200 casualties.

Asmodean

The forum default is now the mobile-friendly Reseller theme. That is because Google algorithms are alleged to favor mobile-friendly sites.

If you want to use the default Curve theme (the one this forum comes with) you need to select it manually, as resetting to default will now apply the Reseller theme.
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.