News:

Unnecessarily argumentative

Main Menu

Ecurb's travels

Started by Ecurb Noselrub, November 27, 2019, 01:08:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Biggus Dickus

Very cool pictures so far, looking forward to seeing more :thumbsup:...and if you don't mind I wouldn't mind hearing about the food you eat, especially if it's regional varieties.

Now I'm hungry.

p.s. Is it true that in the UK they refer to a "Booster Shot", as "Borchestershire Shot"?
"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

hermes2015

Quote from: Papasito Bruno on October 04, 2021, 01:45:30 PM
p.s. Is it true that in the UK they refer to a "Booster Shot", as "Borchestershire Shot"?

:lol:
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

Ecurb Noselrub

A brief outline of my day before I start posting pics.  I still have a bit of jet lag, so I got up at 4:00 am, busied myself with my morning routine, and then headed out at 6:00 am for The Regents Park and Abbey Road.  Then I cam back to the Hale
Clinic to get my Day 2 Covid Test. Then over to Kings Cross Station, down to the British Museum (where I saw the excellent Nero exhibit), then back to the hotel to rest.  Then back out to shop in Soho, on Carnaby and at Liberty, a large department store. Then more rest, then back out to explore some pubs in Soho and St. Giles.  In all, I walked over 10 miles. My knees will probably punish me tomorrow. 

Ecurb Noselrub

Here I am crossing Abbey Road at the same place The Beatles crossed it on the Abbey Road album.  I guess I am dressed mostly like George here.

Ecurb Noselrub

Can anyone tell me what this is and what it means?

Ecurb Noselrub

A photo of Neal's Yard, a little square in St. Giles that doubles as a residential and restaurant area.

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on October 04, 2021, 07:21:49 PM

Can anyone tell me what this is and what it means?

A portal to J.K Rowling's imagination.  ;D
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Ecurb Noselrub

Bruno asked about food.  This is a Steak & Ale Pie at the Crown & Two Chairmen pub down the block.

Ecurb Noselrub

Yes, Silver, you win a scholarship to the Hogwarts school.  This is found in Kings Cross Station,

Ecurb Noselrub

I guess I've visited half a dozen pubs.  Today I was sampling various Scotch whiskies, including here at the Three Greyhounds.

Tank

If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Ecurb Noselrub

Tomorrow I venture east, to the old City of London (the original Roman city area), the Tower of London, Tower Bridge (I will cross 4 bridges tomorrow if my feet and knees allow me) and see various points of interest along the way, including the remains of the Roman wall and The Globe Theater.  Cheers!

Ecurb Noselrub

Just got my Day 2 test back and I'm negative.  Yeah!! Guess the vaccine is working so far. Or maybe it's the whisky?

Tank

Or both. As you can't have more vaccine I would suggest more whisky.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Ecurb Noselrub

Sound and reasonable advice.