News:

In case of downtime/other tech emergencies, you can relatively quickly get in touch with Asmodean Prime by email.

Main Menu

Random Login problem

Started by Tom62, April 14, 2008, 10:39:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom62

There is a random bug in either Firefox or the forum software. I only manage to login with Firefox after I first login and logout with Internet Explorer. Once I've switched off my PC this procediure has to restarted.

By googling around I've found out that I'm not the only one that has problems logging in with Firefox on phpBB sites, but no-one seems to know the reason why; nor why some phpBB sites doesn't have this problem. Some people think that it is problem with the cookie security settings. Apparently phpBB tries to update the cookie, but is not able to do that.

To make a long story short, I think that I'll switch back to IE7 fo the moment.
The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein

Tom62

Oops, sorry.. I've accidently created a new thread.

Tom
The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein

Whitney

Strange....especially since I haven't had issues with firefox.  Let's see if switching over to phpbb3 (sometime within the next week) corrects the issue, if not I'll ask about how to fix it.