News:

When one conveys certain things, particularly of such gravity, should one not then appropriately cite sources, authorities...

Main Menu

HappyAtheistForum and Firefox

Started by Tom62, April 13, 2008, 04:38:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom62

I installed Firefox on my PC yesterday as an alternative to the rather slow (and unsafe) MS Internet Explorer. Most sites are Firefox compliant, but some sites only seem to like the MS Internet Explorer. This forum also doesn't seem to like Firefox, because I was unable to login and  some texts were shown incorrectly (like: "Most users ever online was 69 on <10eSundayec30 6pm06e=") . I sure hope that this can be fixed, because I don't like to browse the web with two different browsers.
The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein

Will

So far it's been perfect on Safari. I tried one of the Firefox 3 betas on HAF, but it was before the hack. Is it behaving differently since then?
I want bad people to look forward to and celebrate the day I die, because if they don't, I'm not living up to my potential.

Whitney

Firefox doesn't seem to be causing any real issues on my end (just the date thing).  

You should be able to log in (what exactly is it doing or saying when you are unable to log in?)

The date issue is an unrelated problem because it will show up fine once you get logged in...i haven't bothered trying to fix it since i was going to switch over to phpbb3.

Tom62

Maybe there was something wrong with my browser cache or other setting, because I've just decreased the caching size and optimized the browser for my faster DSL-Connection; and now I'm able to log in.

What happened before was that when I clicked on "Log In" I got back to the Forum Index but the status shown was that I was not logged in. Weird... I had a similar log-in problem with the LinkedIn website last night.  Now I'm able to login there as well.
The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein

Whitney

glad to hear it is working now...let me know if it happens again.  i don't know what the issue was but can ask about it in the support forum if it continues to be an issue.

Tom62

Thanks for your help. Unless it happens again, I somehow doubt that we'll ever find out what caused the problem. The optimization process seemed to have solved it, but that is just a guess.
Robert A. Heinlein