News:

When one conveys certain things, particularly of such gravity, should one not then appropriately cite sources, authorities...

Main Menu

Reasons to be cheerful!

Started by Tank, June 26, 2010, 03:13:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dark Lightning

billy rubin

"I cannot understand the popularity of that kind of music, which is based on repetition. In a civilized society, things don't need to be said more than three times."

billy rubin

Quote from: Dark Lightning on January 30, 2022, 03:57:16 AM

...because they ejaculated the alleged toxins, where?  ::)

i cant remember. im always looking for interesting advertizing quotes

"I cannot understand the popularity of that kind of music, which is based on repetition. In a civilized society, things don't need to be said more than three times."

TheFightSong

Quote from: Magdalena on January 29, 2022, 12:12:23 AM
Are you asking me why I don't tell everyone what I really think?

The last time I did that, it didn't go too well.

:secrets1: I defended rap music.

:grin:

But I like it here, for some strange reason.
;D
:popcorn:

Maybe I'm asking you that question.

:notsure:

Rap music is okay to me as long it does not have repetitive lyrics and dumbed down commercialization of mindless products. Popular female rappers do not look as smart like the older ones anymore. Because popular female rappers are regurgitating was has been already done in the music industry while showing their mindless sex appeal to impulsive consumers on average. Popular male rappers are doing the same while showing less nudity on average. This is why I prefer Lauryn Hill. Because she didn't make her music become a dumbed down joke by never selling out to major record labels for money. She spoke out against consumerism and the oppressive elites. She doesn't want to have plastic surgery and go on those pretentious talk shows that are rehearsed in a Hollywoodized way. James Corden, Trevor Noah, Seth Myers, Ellen DeGeneres, Oprah Winfrey, Dr. Phil, Maury, Jimmy Fallon, Jimmy Kimmel, and other talk show hosts are pretentious clowns that sold their souls for money while doing fake philanthropy. They will never expose America's fascist military-industrial complex. It's why I prefer Lauryn Hill because she never sold her soul like Nicki Minaj, Cardi B, Ariana Grande, Mariah Carey, Whitney Houston, and other corporate prostitutes did. So, I defend old rap music and new independent rap music from non-major record labels.

🎤🎵

https://www.billboard.com/music/music-news/lauryn-hill-talks-miseducation-9507255/

I am not promoting Lauryn Hill's Christianity. But I am just pointing how cut-throat and pretentious the major music record labels have become.

TheFightSong

These songs make me cheerful:

Not that I drink alcohol like P!nk does, though.

NoHandlebarsAttached

This past year, I have:

>Built a badass gaming PC
>Come out as transgender to friends and family
>Survived COVID
>Quit drinking
>Gotten a regular doctor

Magdalena

Quote from: NoHandlebarsAttached on February 09, 2022, 05:25:40 AM
This past year, I have:

>Survived COVID
>Quit drinking
>Gotten a regular doctor

Wow!
Hi.
Welcome back, NoHandlebarsAttached.
I remember you. We've all watched you grow, from far away. Good to see you here, again.

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

NoHandlebarsAttached

Quote from: Magdalena on February 09, 2022, 05:59:13 AM
This past year, I have:

>Survived COVID
>Quit drinking
>Gotten a regular doctor

Wow!
Hi.
Welcome back, NoHandlebarsAttached.
I remember you. We've all watched you grow, from far away. Good to see you here, again.
Hey, thanks! It has been a while.

Recusant

This past year, I have:

>Survived COVID
>Quit drinking
>Gotten a regular doctor

Epic! Glad you stopped by to say hello.  :smokin cool:
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

Tank

This past year, I have:

>Survived COVID
>Quit drinking
>Gotten a regular doctor

Welcome back :)
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Biggus Dickus

This past year, I have:

>Survived COVID
>Quit drinking
>Gotten a regular doctor

Welcome back, and that's an impressive list...congrats 8)

I'm a little over 8 years sober, so I know the joy you're experiencing, keep it up!! ;D
"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

Biggus Dickus

Eminem's response to Rudy Giuliani because he took a knee after his perfomance during the Super Bowl is some cheerful, funny, amusing as hell shit....I've watched this about five times already!!

"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

Dark Lightning

billy rubin

mockery is the correct tool

an actual rebuttal gives these people a credibility that their ideas dont deserve.

jumbojak

I got a new job today. After fifteen years, I'm free of that hellhole.

"Amazing what chimney sweeping can teach us, no? Keep your fire hot and
your flue clean."  - Ecurb Noselrub

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz