News:

Look, I haven't mentioned Zeus, Buddah, or some religion.

Main Menu

Reasons to be cheerful!

Started by Tank, June 26, 2010, 03:13:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tank

Russell Howard 'Lubricant' on Netflix. You won't get it but you'll love it!
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Dark Lightning

I've crossed some sort of threshold with my feet. With the arthritis, walking was painful, and I'd often be using a cane. I started on krill oil, and within two weeks I was able to cover much more distance. I just finished a 2 mile walk, which I'm doing when the weather permits. I had to stop taking the krill oil after three weeks, because I broke out in a terrible rash. The rash has diminished but isn't gone, and I'm still walking OK. I'm going to try and find out which ingredient I am allergic to and try another supplement without that ingredient, if possible.

hermes2015

Quote from: Dark Lightning on January 03, 2022, 10:05:30 PM
I've crossed some sort of threshold with my feet. With the arthritis, walking was painful, and I'd often be using a cane. I started on krill oil, and within two weeks I was able to cover much more distance. I just finished a 2 mile walk, which I'm doing when the weather permits. I had to stop taking the krill oil after three weeks, because I broke out in a terrible rash. The rash has diminished but isn't gone, and I'm still walking OK. I'm going to try and find out which ingredient I am allergic to and try another supplement without that ingredient, if possible.

I am happy to hear about your improvement and hope you find an alternative without the side effects.  :thumbsup2:
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

Dark Lightning

Thanks! I used to be able to run like the wind, but once I graduated uni and got a desk job, the eventual slide into a sedentary lifestyle started. That was in '84. I was breathing hard when taking a bit of a grade when I started last November, but I'm past that, so I need to find steeper grades to build stamina. I'm only 69 y.o., so I'm kind of embarrassed at my condition. But that's mostly the arthritis and my stubbornness for not getting the surgery earlier. I shouldn't complain; most of my uncles and some aunts died before or at 58 y.o.

Tank

Quote from: Dark Lightning on January 03, 2022, 10:05:30 PM

Mixed news but good to see you found something that worked. Mayne a lower dose would help?
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett

billy rubin

how do3s krill oil help?

im looking for something to get more elasticity in my tendons. theyre hardening up and take a lot of work to loosen.

"I cannot understand the popularity of that kind of music, which is based on repetition. In a civilized society, things don't need to be said more than three times."

Tank

My wife has mild arthritis in her knees. She uses a green lipped muscle extract which she has found works for her.

Bad Penny II

Take my advice, don't listen to me.

Dark Lightning

Quote from: Tank on January 04, 2022, 11:11:31 AM
My wife has mild arthritis in her knees. She uses a green lipped muscle extract which she has found works for her.

I take a product called Move Free, but it doesn't have the green lipped muscle extract. The supplement I give my dogs does. I should look into it.

Billy- https://wikivites.com/krill-oil-benefits/

Tank

Quote from: Dark Lightning on January 04, 2022, 02:08:02 PM
Quote from: Tank on January 04, 2022, 11:11:31 AM

I take a product called Move Free, but it doesn't have the green lipped muscle extract. The supplement I give my dogs does. I should look into it.

Billy- https://wikivites.com/krill-oil-benefits/

Funny you should say that but one of our dogs takes a Green Lipped Muscle extract for arteritis called You Move. It worked very well for Katie. This is how my wife discovered the stuff and got a human version. 

billy rubin

out west! wonderful!

loaded drill pipe in ohio, 1800 miles through indiana, illinois, iowa, nebraska, wyoming, colorado, and now parked in a little oil town om tbe ute resrrvation.

uneventful trip until i got to tbe rockies. the road up to steamboat springs was ice covered, and after i spun out i spent tbe next forty minutes grinding up the grade at 5 mph with the chains. one outbound driver told me tbe pass had 40 inches of snow with another storm coming, and tbe next said it was crappy but still open.

it was open, and should not have been. i got up over rabbit ears pass at 9400 feet with a trail of cars behind me, and then took the 7 percent downhill on ice for half an hour at 18 mph riding the jake brake.

there was a snowplough, but he was behind me and wouldnt pass.

after steamboat it just got better and better. bright sky and clear roads. didnt see any animals except for atrio of mule deer but for one zection a few miles long the snow was covered in pronghorn tracks.

pronghorns are fastes t mammals after the cheetah-- 90kph. and weird. last surviving member of the pleistocene family antilocapridae. bizarre reproduction and unique bone horns that ed only the sheath every year. beautiful ceatures

i was born on the prairies and spent most of my life in the west. still cant completely understand what possessed me to reel in my horizons and move to appalachia. on tbe straights in colorado i could see the peaks a hundred miles away, and passed two 60 miles stretches eithout a single buildi g except for the ranchhouses.

exceeded my 14 hours by 15 minutes looking for a place to park and then slept 12 hours. nothing to do until i unload tomorrow, then its south to texas with a load of bitumen.

wonderful country out here. being back in the west is like stepping outside after years in a dark closet.

"I cannot understand the popularity of that kind of music, which is based on repetition. In a civilized society, things don't need to be said more than three times."

billy rubin

utah

colorado and new mexico tomorrow. im going back over the rockies on the interstate this time. 88 miles longer but much less stressful

Dark Lightning

I'm not really familiar with Colorado. I drove through in '73 on my way from California to Illinois. The Denver tunnel was closed due to blizzard conditions, so I dropped down to Colorado Springs and slept the night. Then, I went through Kansas, Missouri and into Illinois. Breakfast in Salina, Dinner in St. Louis, sleep in Lincoln, Illinois. Crazy driving speeds. I passed three state troopers in Kansas. I was alongside one before I realized that they were light green over dark green as opposed to black and white, like the California Highway Patrol. I looked at him, he looked at me, and that was it. I was turning 80 or 90 in my '69 Camaro. :lol:

billy rubin

colorado is where texans go deer hunting.

coloradans go to wyoming.

billy rubin

slow going today but yhe landscape is striking