News:

if there were no need for 'engineers from the quantum plenum' then we should not have any unanswered scientific questions.

Main Menu

Who Is God?

Started by Arturo, April 14, 2018, 02:32:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gnostic Christian Bishop

Quote from: No one on May 06, 2018, 07:48:17 PM
god, is humankinds massive irrational fears of the unknown, coupled with their gargantuan over valued self importance!

Simplistic superficial view. I think it goes deeper than that and right into our tribal instincts.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T64_El2s7FU

Regards
DL

Gnostic Christian Bishop

Quote from: Arturo on May 07, 2018, 01:43:20 AM
[

The "self-authoring" is just a device used to direct your life. You decide what you want to do, what your highest possible achievable goal and ideal, and ideal life is, then you go do it. And you break it down into steps to make it possible to get there. Then when you do, you can say that you are "god" in a way. It certainly gives you a high. However, that doesn't save you from reality. But I'm sure you know that. I'll have you watch this little video that I like to play to people sometimes in your position.

Admitting the truth does not get me high.

Save me from reality?

What reality are you referring to?

Regards
DL

Arturo

Quote from: Gnostic Christian Bishop on May 07, 2018, 04:35:25 PM
Quote from: Arturo on May 07, 2018, 01:43:20 AM
[

The "self-authoring" is just a device used to direct your life. You decide what you want to do, what your highest possible achievable goal and ideal, and ideal life is, then you go do it. And you break it down into steps to make it possible to get there. Then when you do, you can say that you are "god" in a way. It certainly gives you a high. However, that doesn't save you from reality. But I'm sure you know that. I'll have you watch this little video that I like to play to people sometimes in your position.

Admitting the truth does not get me high.

Save me from reality?

What reality are you referring to?

Regards
DL

Well then me and you are on different ends of the emotional spectrum my friend.

By saving you from reality, I mean it doesn't stop someone, something, or some event from coming and shitting on your point of view or life. There is this saying that someone somewhere will shit on your view point. Or something to that affect. It's like Murphy's Law for personal opinion.

So yeah there are ways around that. You can check out my youtube channel since that's what I do stuff about.

But to answer your question...
Quote from: Gnostic Christian Bishop on May 06, 2018, 07:15:10 PM
You seem like a free thinker, so tell us, are you your own God and best authority or do you let someone else do your decisions for you?
Both and neither.

If you are not "self authoring", then who is your author?

Sometimes there are things that are out of your control. No matter how "godly" you think you are. Sometimes you have to give up to that and just go with the flow man. That's life. You have to put up with it if you want to live in this world.
It's Okay To Say You're Welcome
     Just let people be themselves.
     Arturo The1  リ壱

Gnostic Christian Bishop

"Both and neither."

I guess that you have not heard of the excluded middle law.

Regards
DL

Recusant

Quote from: Gnostic Christian Bishop on May 07, 2018, 08:48:40 PM
"Both and neither."

Regards
DL

Quote from: Gnostic Christian Bishop on May 07, 2018, 04:16:40 PMSimplistic superficial view. I think it goes deeper than that . . .
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

Arturo

Quote from: Gnostic Christian Bishop on May 07, 2018, 08:48:40 PM
"Both and neither."

Regards
DL

You're just living in a world of black & white. All or nothing. "Either you are with me or you are against me".

So yeah I can see why you think "god" (you) goes right into our(your) tribal instincts...

Quote from: Gnostic Christian Bishop on May 07, 2018, 04:16:40 PM
Quote from: No one on May 06, 2018, 07:48:17 PM
god, is humankinds massive irrational fears of the unknown, coupled with their gargantuan over valued self importance!

Simplistic superficial view. I think it goes deeper than that and right into our tribal instincts.
It's Okay To Say You're Welcome
     Just let people be themselves.
     Arturo The1  リ壱