News:

When one conveys certain things, particularly of such gravity, should one not then appropriately cite sources, authorities...

Main Menu

Re: Reasons To Be Grumpy thread

Started by jumbojak, October 27, 2012, 09:21:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Icarus

My guys did a good job with the branches and limbs. The huge part of the remaining tree was near vertical. They would have needed a crane to lower those things without damage to the plants below. They did have a cherry picker but not a crane.   The guys who had the large equipment wanted $2250 to do the job.  For the difference in money I will live with the damage to the foliage. 

Dark Lightning

Randy

I still have my headache from hitting the floor last week. The CT scan shows all is well and yet I take something beyond an over the counter medicine. I'm still on Percocet and I know those won't last forever and I doubt anyone is going to prescribe more. All I can hope for is the underlying cause to simply vanish.
"Maybe it's just a bunch of stuff that happens." -- Homer Simpson
"Some people focus on the destination. Atheists focus on the journey." -- Barry Goldberg

Magdalena

Quote from: Randy on March 31, 2021, 10:31:40 PM
I still have my headache from hitting the floor last week. The CT scan shows all is well and yet I take something beyond an over the counter medicine. I'm still on Percocet and I know those won't last forever and I doubt anyone is going to prescribe more. All I can hope for is the underlying cause to simply vanish.
:therethere:
Are you feeling better, Randy?

I don't know how you do it.  :sad sigh:

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Randy

Quote from: Magdalena on April 03, 2021, 09:52:05 PM

I sleep a lot for one thing. It's when I feel my best. I've had to start taking Percocet and 800mg of Ibuprofen to manage the pain. I don't know what else to do since no one can find an underlying cause. It should have hurt for no more than a day or two. Right now the painkillers are working. I slept most of today and am getting tired so I should be going to sleep in about three hours.
"Some people focus on the destination. Atheists focus on the journey." -- Barry Goldberg

Magdalena

Quote from: Randy on April 03, 2021, 11:49:58 PM

I sleep a lot for one thing. It's when I feel my best. I've had to start taking Percocet and 800mg of Ibuprofen to manage the pain. I don't know what else to do since no one can find an underlying cause. It should have hurt for no more than a day or two. Right now the painkillers are working. I slept most of today and am getting tired so I should be going to sleep in about three hours.
Well, I'm glad that when you are awake, you are here with us.

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Magdalena on April 04, 2021, 02:30:25 AM
Quote from: Randy on April 03, 2021, 11:49:58 PM

Well, I'm glad that when you are awake, you are here with us.

:this:
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

hermes2015

"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

Tank

I've been waiting on a clock mechanism from Amazon. They sent a padlock hasp  >:(
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Randy

Quote from: Tank on April 06, 2021, 08:42:33 AM
I've been waiting on a clock mechanism from Amazon. They sent a padlock hasp  >:(
:lol: What in the world?!? How can they confuse those two?

Tank

Quote from: Randy on April 09, 2021, 05:36:16 PM
:lol: What in the world?!? How can they confuse those two?

Amazon pickers will be run off their feet. They undoubtedly just grab what is in the picking location.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett

xSilverPhinx

:deadpan:

Wut. :popcorn:

Tank

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on April 10, 2021, 10:14:08 PM

I know! I have got the clock mechanisms now and I'm going to make them into time pieces.

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Tank on April 11, 2021, 11:22:40 AM

I know! I have got the clock mechanisms now and I'm going to make them into time pieces.

Cool! Show us your finished work.  ;D

Tank

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on April 11, 2021, 02:08:20 PM
Quote from: Tank on April 11, 2021, 11:22:40 AM

Cool! Show us your finished work.  ;D

I will :)