News:

There is also the shroud of turin, which verifies Jesus in a new way than other evidences.

Main Menu

Recent posts

Laid Back Lounge / Re: What's on your mind today?
Last post by Tank - May 04, 2024, 03:45:15 PM
May the 4th be with you!  :headbang:
Religion / Re: Christian Nonduality
Last post by Me_Be - May 04, 2024, 02:22:37 PM
Quote from: zorkan on May 04, 2024, 12:26:00 PM
Quote from: Me_Be on May 04, 2024, 08:53:54 AMTherefore no one can even claim to be an Atheist, let alone a Theist.

I don't claim to be an atheist to every god because I believe in Zorka, the god of my own reason.

I'm not a theist because such a person believes in ancient scripture which has no place in this world.

I believe we all believe in the God of our own understanding. So each to their own as they say.

Those people who wrote the Bible must have believed in a God of their own understanding at the time when it was being written.

Who's to say theirs was the wrong God while holding to their own God as right.
That's the nature of the human mind I guess.
Last post by zorkan - May 04, 2024, 12:26:00 PM
Quote from: Me_Be on May 04, 2024, 08:53:54 AMTherefore no one can even claim to be an Atheist, let alone a Theist.

I don't claim to be an atheist to every god because I believe in Zorka, the god of my own reason.

I'm not a theist because such a person believes in ancient scripture which has no place in this world.
Last post by Me_Be - May 04, 2024, 08:53:54 AM
Quote from: zorkan on April 22, 2024, 12:37:59 PM
Quote from: Me_Be on April 22, 2024, 10:18:15 AMCan I just ask...This assembling of all the named molecules and chemistry that just happened to have made up the material world as we know it to be.... Was all that just an accidental, opportunistic, spontaneous event...or will we never know for absolute certainty why there is something rather than nothing question?
Ask me a difficult one.
As there are no absolutes we will never know.
Maybe when we capture one of those aliens who invade our airspace we could ask it.
Meanwhile, your guess is as good as mine.

You cannot capture reality and encapsulate it into a formal system because reality is infinite and so it will always escape any attempt to encapsulate it as it must, because reality is one thing, it is the self, and the self is capable of self-reference and when you're capable of self-reference this necessarily leads to a paradox.

Therefore no one can even claim to be an Atheist, let alone a Theist.
Miscellaneous / Re: Build the Pyramid
Last post by Old Seer - May 03, 2024, 01:51:27 PM
It's not a mechanical devise for sure. Other info says its a symbol of stability. Making it mechanical is quit a stretch as there's no upper/end bearing which would be needed.
Laid Back Lounge / Re: Jokes Thread (Was named An...
Last post by billy rubin - May 02, 2024, 07:18:06 PM
arab spring.
Last post by hermes2015 - May 02, 2024, 04:55:21 PM
The ejection seat did an excellent job.
Last post by Dark Lightning - May 02, 2024, 04:16:15 PM
:rofl:
Last post by billy rubin - May 02, 2024, 03:53:35 PM
could be. but lots of things that we see as common sense engineering werent thought of thousands of years ago.look at chariot wheels. took thousands of years for those to develop the obvious optimal dedign we see today.

or think about the various seige engines that were cocked by wonding a rope or string around a drum. the  interface was always a set of handspikes for the operator to pull on, because the crank wasnt invented until modern times.

or early versions of sprocketed drive chains consisting of simple long links articulating around a pentangular drum.

seems obvious now how to do it better, but we have an advantage
Last post by Old Seer - May 02, 2024, 02:03:41 PM
The devise is referred to as a "djed pillar", which seems to me to be a wine press of some type rather than a force multiplier. The lower part would make a very poor bearing as perpendicular force would tend to move the pillar up out of the base. The pillar would make a better axial means if it were same as top bearing.