News:

There is also the shroud of turin, which verifies Jesus in a new way than other evidences.

Main Menu

The Art and things we've made thread...

Started by Claireliontamer, January 28, 2016, 06:40:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Recusant

Quote from: Dark Lightning on February 13, 2020, 08:24:00 PM
Thanks, Recusant! I'll keep that info for future reference!

Cheers, hermes2015 and Dark Lightning:computerwave:
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

billy rubin

fifty years ago a fishing friend of my father's gave me a wad of tanned leather.  so during a long ago class in comparative invertebrate anatomy i sewed it up into a dissecting kit.

its not particularly nice looking anymore, because ive been using it for 45 years, and all my arterial haemostats got stolen for roach clips, but i just noticed it on the desk in front of me. now my kids are borrowing it to skin out the animals they shoot.

i was too poor to pay fifty cents for factory-mde probes, so i cut twigs from the willow trees and embedded dissecting pins in the ends.

"I cannot understand the popularity of that kind of music, which is based on repetition. In a civilized society, things don't need to be said more than three times."

No one

Are terrible decisions really a form of art?

Biggus Dickus

Quote from: hermes2015 on February 13, 2020, 04:04:46 AM
Quote from: Papasito Bruno on February 12, 2020, 07:22:04 PM
So I have a few hobbies to keep me busy, such as playing guitar, drawing, practicing yoga, and I also am an avid bicyclist. Well recently I've been visiting a sick friend, and they introduced me to crocheting, and strangely enough it struck a chord with me and I've starting creating some rather cool stuff that I'm actually selling!

Here are some pictures.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

By the way I know there are a couple folks here like JJ, and Bad Penny who like to use really small pans, so no worries guys. I can also make these extremely tiny, and small to fit any size pan!

So if anyone is interested in purchasing any of these please let me know! 8)

Very interesting design. Where did you get the inspiration?

Well it wasn't from myself to be honest, otherwise I would have to find pots and pans with very, very long handles with a gentle curve to the left. (If the pan was in front of you that is 8))
"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

Biggus Dickus

Quote from: Bad Penny II on February 13, 2020, 12:58:52 PM
By the way I know there are a couple folks here like JJ, and Bad Penny who like to use really small pans, so no worries guys. I can also make these extremely tiny, and small to fit any size pan!

Don't you know?

Quote from: Bad Penny II on February 11, 2020, 07:27:59 AM
Quote from: No one on February 10, 2020, 06:54:39 PM
Martin Lawrence is about as funny as losing both balls to testicular cancer, then ...... coming home to find your family has been slaughtered.

I was expecting something else, maybe coming home to find Nigella cooking a romantic meal.
Coming home to find your family slaughtered would be pretty bad too I suppose.

So through some weird happenstance No one's post became reality, I lost my balls to cancer, came home found my family slaughtered and subsequently Nigella moved in and she has taken over all my pots and pans. 
I will pass on your kind offering to Nigella and I'm considering taking up crochet, I've some minutes that need reallocating.

I'm very sorry to hear that, you have my condolences :'(

Anyway for you there's no charge, just ask Nigella what colors she prefers and get back to me 8)

Biggus Dickus

Quote from: Magdalena on February 12, 2020, 11:23:36 PM

Dios mio.

What's wrong Mags, haven't you ever seen something like this before

Magdalena

Quote from: Papasito Bruno on February 14, 2020, 06:38:05 PM
Quote from: Magdalena on February 12, 2020, 11:23:36 PM

Dios mio.

What's wrong Mags, haven't you ever seen something like this before
No, never.

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

xSilverPhinx

So I have a few hobbies to keep me busy, such as playing guitar, drawing, practicing yoga, and I also am an avid bicyclist. Well recently I've been visiting a sick friend, and they introduced me to crocheting, and strangely enough it struck a chord with me and I've starting creating some rather cool stuff that I'm actually selling!

Here are some pictures.

Such a Papasito Brunesque post!  ;D
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

xSilverPhinx

I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Biggus Dickus

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on February 17, 2020, 10:29:19 PM

Here are some pictures.

Such a Papasito Brunesque post!  ;D

Thanks xSP, and I'll take that as a compliment, however. You'd be surprised how many here thought I was serious!

Hermes wanted to know if he could order some with chains attached. :-X
Bad Penny wanted to order some really tiny ones which he said he would use as finger puppets. ::)
Mags wanted a couple wooden ones made which she could smoke out of, and JJ wanted some bright pink ones with sprinkles! :o

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Magdalena

Quote from: Papasito Bruno on February 26, 2020, 06:56:44 PM
Mags wanted...

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

hermes2015

Quote from: Papasito Bruno on February 26, 2020, 06:56:44 PM
Hermes wanted to know if he could order some with chains attached. :-X

Don't forget the cherry-flavoured ones I wanted as well.  :yum:
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

hermes2015

Some time ago I posted a photo of some lead strips from the roof of a 1928 house I owned.

Here is the 900 x 900mm collage painting I did using the pieces. The significance of the 28 is that it was the street number of the house. Blue predominates, because I wanted to experiment with textures I could get using different blue pigments, including a new one for me, called Manganese Blue Hue by Winsor & Newton. It's a blend of pigments PB15 and PG7, because the original manganese blue (PB33) is unfortunately unobtainable now. If you have a stash of genuine PB33 somewhere, you're sitting on a goldmine!

Some details:

"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

Tank

If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Dark Lightning

That's beautiful! And I know (online) a person who recently discovered some manganese blue in her paint stash. She sounded pretty happy about it, for the same reasons. Is the blend not as good a color? Whatever happened to all the manganese in the world? :D