News:

if there were no need for 'engineers from the quantum plenum' then we should not have any unanswered scientific questions.

Main Menu

The Art and things we've made thread...

Started by Claireliontamer, January 28, 2016, 06:40:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave

I seem to be getting lots of picture "place holders" with no picture in them in this thread.

Anyone any idea why?
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

Arturo

Quote from: Gloucester on November 30, 2016, 09:18:58 PM
I seem to be getting lots of picture "place holders" with no picture in them in this thread.

Anyone any idea why?

Pictures are taken from other sites, so those sites may have moved or taken down the picture.
It's Okay To Say You're Welcome
     Just let people be themselves.
     Arturo The1  リ壱

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Apathy on November 30, 2016, 11:57:29 PM

Anyone any idea why?

Pictures are taken from other sites, so those sites may have moved or taken down the picture.

:this: Those posts were made a very long time ago.
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Dave

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on December 01, 2016, 01:12:32 AM
Quote from: Apathy on November 30, 2016, 11:57:29 PM

Anyone any idea why?

:this: Those posts were made a very long time ago.

Ah, yes, may no longer be available if not embedded.

Shoulda thoughta that  :picard facepalm:
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

Biggus Dickus

So I have a few hobbies to keep me busy, such as playing guitar, drawing, practicing yoga, and I also am an avid bicyclist. Well recently I've been visiting a sick friend, and they introduced me to crocheting, and strangely enough it struck a chord with me and I've starting creating some rather cool stuff that I'm actually selling!

Here are some pictures.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

By the way I know there are a couple folks here like JJ, and Bad Penny who like to use really small pans, so no worries guys. I can also make these extremely tiny, and small to fit any size pan!

So if anyone is interested in purchasing any of these please let me know! 8)
"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

Dark Lightning

:lol:

Here is a large-ish (16" X 16" X 24") chest I made to store my large wood carving tools. Made of red oak. The large drawer is for mallets. The small one on top is quarter sawn white oak and used to hold my small carving tools, but was getting busted up in transport going back and forth to class. It now is home to my precision measuring instruments and French curves, stuff like that.

Tank

If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Magdalena

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Magdalena

Quote from: Papasito Bruno on February 12, 2020, 07:22:04 PM

Dios mio.

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Dark Lightning

Thanks, @Tank and @Magdalena ! :) I haven't figured out multiquotes here yet. I also didn't mean it to come out so large, picture-wise.  :-[

hermes2015

So I have a few hobbies to keep me busy, such as playing guitar, drawing, practicing yoga, and I also am an avid bicyclist. Well recently I've been visiting a sick friend, and they introduced me to crocheting, and strangely enough it struck a chord with me and I've starting creating some rather cool stuff that I'm actually selling!

Here are some pictures.

By the way I know there are a couple folks here like JJ, and Bad Penny who like to use really small pans, so no worries guys. I can also make these extremely tiny, and small to fit any size pan!

Very interesting design. Where did you get the inspiration?
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

Bad Penny II

Don't you know?

Quote from: Bad Penny II on February 11, 2020, 07:27:59 AM
Quote from: No one on February 10, 2020, 06:54:39 PM
Martin Lawrence is about as funny as losing both balls to testicular cancer, then ...... coming home to find your family has been slaughtered.

I was expecting something else, maybe coming home to find Nigella cooking a romantic meal.
Coming home to find your family slaughtered would be pretty bad too I suppose.

So through some weird happenstance No one's post became reality, I lost my balls to cancer, came home found my family slaughtered and subsequently Nigella moved in and she has taken over all my pots and pans. 
I will pass on your kind offering to Nigella and I'm considering taking up crochet, I've some minutes that need reallocating.
Take my advice, don't listen to me.

Recusant

Quote from: Dark Lightning on February 13, 2020, 02:41:55 AM
Thanks, @Tank and @Magdalena ! :) I haven't figured out multiquotes here yet. I also didn't mean it to come out so large, picture-wise.  :-[

I'm admiring those fine pieces myself.  :)

Don't worry about multi-quote. It isn't available here unless you do it manually.

As for sizing pictures, you can do it here by modifying the image tags. I usually just specify a width and let the height follow in proportion, like so:

[img width=700]image link[/img]

The width (and height) parameters are in pixels, I believe. You can experiment in previews and edit the width setting accordingly.

I'll use your photo as an example, setting the width to 680.

If you check the code I used by looking at my post using the quote function, you'll see that the site software has populated the height parameter automatically. I didn't choose the height, only the width.
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

hermes2015

Quote from: Recusant on February 13, 2020, 05:15:59 PM
Quote from: Dark Lightning on February 13, 2020, 02:41:55 AM

I'm admiring those fine pieces myself.  :)

Don't worry about multi-quote. It isn't available here unless you do it manually.

As for sizing pictures, you can do it here by modifying the image tags. I usually just specify a width and let the height follow in proportion, like so:

[img width=700]image link[/img]

The width (and height) parameters are in pixels, I believe. You can experiment in previews and edit the width setting accordingly.

I'll use your photo as an example, setting the width to 680.

If you check the code I used by looking at my post using the quote function, you'll see that the site software has populated the height parameter automatically. I didn't choose the height, only the width.

I did not know that. Thanks for the very useful information.
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

Dark Lightning

Thanks, Recusant! I'll keep that info for future reference!