Photography, photos you took, photos you are in, photos you like, the lot!

Started by Tank, June 07, 2011, 07:46:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Davin

Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

Dragonia

Holy cow! I think I finally figured out how to do pictures! Imgur is garbage. Photobucket is the way to go. This endeavor has taken me a year to complete. Forgive me if I get a little crazy at first........
Oh, and this is one of my baby potato plants last spring.
Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle. ~ Plato (?)

Dave

Quote from: Dragonia on January 12, 2017, 03:24:36 PM

Holy cow! I think I finally figured out how to do pictures! Imgur is garbage. Photobucket is the way to go. This endeavor has taken me a year to complete. Forgive me if I get a little crazy at first........
Oh, and this is one of my baby potato plants last spring.

The old Photobucket was absolute crap, stuffed with pop-up adverts and was really flakey. But the app on tablets is great!

I tried IMGUR but found it counter-intuitive , badly set-out and fussy.
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

Biggus Dickus

This picture was taken recently up at Lake Charlevoix in Michigan, perfect temperatures (Cold temperatures, and still waters) created a glass like surface.

Photo Source
"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

Arturo

Never seen that before. Always thought the weather was warm this time of year haha
It's Okay To Say You're Welcome
     Just let people be themselves.
     Arturo The1  リ壱

Dragonia

Quote from: Father Bruno on January 23, 2017, 05:59:26 PM
This picture was taken recently up at Lake Charlevoix in Michigan, perfect temperatures (Cold temperatures, and still waters) created a glass like surface.
This is amazing.... is that water frozen deep enough to walk far out on? Having grown up in a cold climate, I've been out on the lakes many times, but I don't remember the ice ever being so smooth and clear.... Looks great to ice skate on!
Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle. ~ Plato (?)

hermes2015

Religion is anathema to me, but I must admit that the artifacts and by-products of some religions have enriched my life. The Christian religion has inspired great music and architecture. The Hindus create special statues for their Pooja festival. These are ones I saw being made for the Pooja in a town in Bangladesh.
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

xSilverPhinx

I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Arturo

Arturo The1  リ壱

Icarus

How in hell did someone train worms to eat those leaves in so artistic a way?

Dave

Quote from: Icarus on February 05, 2017, 12:09:13 AM
How in hell did someone train worms to eat those leaves in so artistic a way?

It was slugs and snails I reckon.

Biggus Dickus

I came across this photo and really like it. Apparently taken sometime back in the early 70's somewhere in London, sorry can't find the photo information any longer.

Everything about this photo reminds me of when I was young, from the sneakers and dungarees these lads are wearing to their haircuts.

My friends and I would ride up on our bikes to one of the locals stores, buy some soft-drinks, or milk, maybe a candy bar or baked treats if available as well as the latest issues of our favorite comics.

Then we would take off somewhere and find a quite spot not much different from where these lads are sitting in the photo, with weeds growing up from the cracks, maybe an alleyway or some lot behind the local businesses, and just cop a seat on the ground and read. (One of our favorite places was the rooftop of one of the local schools, we had discovered a rather easy way to gain access to the roof and it was a great place to escape too; also proved valuable in hiding from the older and meaner kids, the bully types who might come along and steal our stuff, or simply rip up the comics for no reason other than to be mean?

Notice how absorb these three are in their comics? After finishing we would trade, then re-read each one multiple times, as well as finish our food and drinks, then just sit and talk until it was time to head home, or if we thought of something else to do head out on our bikes again.

You can't get those day's back ever...

Dave

Biggus Dickus

Arturo

Pictures and a couple scattered videos I took of Detroit's Autorama this year

https://goo.gl/photos/f5zErAGGfe8XhrXXA

If you're wondering who that random Mexican is in some of my photos, that is el Papa.
     Arturo The1  リ壱