Photography, photos you took, photos you are in, photos you like, the lot!

Started by Tank, June 07, 2011, 07:46:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

joeactor

Tank

If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Tank

"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett

Claireliontamer

Quote from: Tank on April 10, 2016, 04:04:31 PM
It's a Bluebell.

Great photos Tank.  Bluebells are amongst my favourite flowers. 

Joe, they can be really spectacular to see, they form seas of colour in British (and maybe other countries too?) woodlands.  Like this:

Tank

Biggus Dickus

I love Bluebells as well, and I find that picture so utterly beautiful. Seems like the most peaceful place on earth, would love to stroll along the path until I found a spot against a tree to sit, and simply just sit and listen, read a book, maybe take a nap.

This is a picture of all of the different tones and colors of sand from the Sahara Desert, looks like a painter's palette doesn't it?

"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

Magdalena

Campanilla Azul was my favorite flower in El Salvador. I think this is why I find Mrs. Joeactor's flower--The Devil's Trumpet, and Tank's flower--The Bluebell, so beautiful.  :tellmemore:

Quote from: Tank on April 10, 2016, 03:24:13 PM

Mr. Tank's Bluebell

Mrs. Joeactor's Devil's Trumpet

Campanilla Azul.

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Sandra Craft

Quote from: Tank on April 10, 2016, 04:08:17 PM
Very pleased with the macro capability of my Fujifilm X30.

No kidding!  I love those close ups.
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

jumbojak

That bluebell at the top looks like a predatory insect preparing to strike. Perhaps it's really an alien.

"Amazing what chimney sweeping can teach us, no? Keep your fire hot and
your flue clean."  - Ecurb Noselrub

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

MariaEvri

Quote from: Claireliontamer on April 10, 2016, 05:17:34 PM
It's a Bluebell.

Joe, they can be really spectacular to see, they form seas of colour in British (and maybe other countries too?) woodlands.  Like this:

now that's beautiful!
God made me an atheist, who are you to question his wisdom!
www.poseidonsimons.com

joeactor

Quote from: Claireliontamer on April 10, 2016, 05:17:34 PM
It's a Bluebell.

Beautiful!

Yes, we have them here. Guess I just never looked closely...

Buddy

Spent the afternoon learning how to wax a car with my stepdad. I think I did pretty okay for my first time

And we had to take a selfie with his car, aptly named Vader

Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

Magdalena

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Buddy

Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

Biggus Dickus

Quote from: Budhorse4 on April 14, 2016, 01:10:19 AM
Spent the afternoon learning how to wax a car with my stepdad. I think I did pretty okay for my first time

Hey Bud,

Seems like your Mini has an admirer?!

"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."