News:

There is also the shroud of turin, which verifies Jesus in a new way than other evidences.

Main Menu

Photography, photos you took, photos you are in, photos you like, the lot!

Started by Tank, June 07, 2011, 07:46:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tank

If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

jumbojak

The Bradford Pears are beginning to bloom. The local bee population seems very pleased with this turn of events.

"Amazing what chimney sweeping can teach us, no? Keep your fire hot and
your flue clean."  - Ecurb Noselrub

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

Biggus Dickus

Nice picture JJ, I had forgotten how pretty the pear trees are when in bloom.
"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

Davin

Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

Magdalena

Quote from: jumbojak on March 18, 2016, 01:52:43 PM

The Bradford Pears are beginning to bloom. The local bee population seems very pleased with this turn of events.
Pretty.  :tellmemore:

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Magdalena

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Buddy

Looks like you had a heart experience Davin. Was this you first time visiting the Grand Canyon?
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

Magdalena

^^
:hug: Hi, Budhorse4! I haven't said, "Hi" to you in a while. I heard you got a new car, and good grades...Congratulations!

Please continue...

Buddy

Quote from: Magdalena on March 18, 2016, 06:10:39 PM
^^
:hug: Hi, Budhorse4! I haven't said, "Hi" to you in a while. I heard you got a new car, and good grades...Congratulations!

Please continue...

Yeah I came back while you were on your break.

We're like ships passing in the night.  :'(

Thanks for the 'grats, still loving the car.  ;D
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

Davin

Quote from: Magdalena on March 18, 2016, 05:59:21 PM
Quote from: Davin on March 18, 2016, 02:59:16 PM
From the Grand Canyon. http://i.imgur.com/FgMPcIw.jpg
El Guapo.  :tellmemore:
(Sorry, Bruno, you're not the only one anymore.)  :(
It is a beautiful place. I actually took pictures of a bunch of things. I'm normally not a picture taking kind of person.
Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

Davin

Quote from: Budhorse4 on March 18, 2016, 06:06:04 PM
Looks like you had a heart experience Davin. Was this you first time visiting the Grand Canyon?
I've lived in AZ for over 15 years, and that was the first time I've been to the Grand Canyon. It was just below freezing in the morning, and got up to around 50°f by lunch time. We stayed on the main trail called "South Ridge" or something which was like a 4-5 mile trail. It was great, next time I want to hike down to the bottom then back up.

joeactor

Hi all!

Been perusing this thread for a while and thought I'd jump in.

My wife's been doing photography as a hobby for a while, and has even had a few prints sold (photo on canvas).
She also sends out e-cards to her business clients with her images and some apropos quote.

Here's the one for Spring 2016:

I think she's got a great eye! (but I'm a bit biased)

Biggus Dickus

Quote from: joeactor on April 02, 2016, 02:32:37 PM
Hi all!

Been perusing this thread for a while and thought I'd jump in.

My wife's been doing photography as a hobby for a while, and has even had a few prints sold (photo on canvas).
She also sends out e-cards to her business clients with her images and some apropos quote.

Here's the one for Spring 2016:

I think she's got a great eye! (but I'm a bit biased)

That's very nice Joe, I like her photo, especially how the blueish background is out of focus compared to the flower, very warm (Nice maze and blue, very Michigan). So yes I would agree that she does have a great eye, but than she did pick you so now I'm a bit suspect?... ;D

Does Mrs Joeactor have a website? Would like to see more.

joeactor

Quote from: Bruno de la Pole on April 02, 2016, 06:25:07 PM
That's very nice Joe, I like her photo, especially how the blueish background is out of focus compared to the flower, very warm (Nice maze and blue, very Michigan). So yes I would agree that she does have a great eye, but than she did pick you so now I'm a bit suspect?... ;D

I agree... Hey! Wait a second...

Yes, some of her other photos are here:
http://www.sansanlee.com

Most are taken on hikes or in our yard.

Biggus Dickus

Quote from: joeactor on April 02, 2016, 09:17:52 PM
Quote from: Bruno de la Pole on April 02, 2016, 06:25:07 PM

I agree... Hey! Wait a second...

Yes, some of her other photos are here:
http://www.sansanlee.com

Most are taken on hikes or in our yard.

Very nice, you must have one helluva garden in your yard, very beautiful photos. I really like the "Yellow Pom Poms". Never seen those before that I can recall, wonderful photo.