News:

In case of downtime/other tech emergencies, you can relatively quickly get in touch with Asmodean Prime by email.

Main Menu

Photography, photos you took, photos you are in, photos you like, the lot!

Started by Tank, June 07, 2011, 07:46:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tank

Quote from: OldGit on December 11, 2011, 03:28:36 PM
School Lane, Leominster, by the same bloke who took the shot of the roots, above.

Very remanicent of The Shades in York.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

MariaEvri

God made me an atheist, who are you to question his wisdom!
www.poseidonsimons.com

Asmodean

Is it just the picture composition, or are second story walls actually... What's the opposite of straight again?  ???
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Cecilie

Quote from: Asmodean on December 11, 2011, 03:47:13 PM
Is it just the picture composition, or are second story walls actually... What's the opposite of straight again?  ???
You've been to Bryggen, right?
The world's what you create.

Tank

Quote from: Asmodean on December 11, 2011, 03:47:13 PM
Is it just the picture composition, or are second story walls actually... What's the opposite of straight again?  ???
In this case tilted would be the correct word. And I would think they are tilted. Those buildings are a few hundred years old.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett

OldGit

Nice snaily shot, Maria!

Those C15 and C16 buildings have certainly got a lean on them.  I think the closeness of the camera accentuates that.  They're also jettied - each storey sticks out over the one below.  That gives more room without blocking the street, and is also an easy and stable building technique.

Until recently the charity's HQ was where the pushchair is sticking out, halfway down on the right.  The core of that building is about 800 years old; Mrs Git's desk faced a frame which was there before Magna Carta.

Asmodean

Quote from: Cecilie on December 11, 2011, 03:50:34 PM
You've been to Bryggen, right?
The Bergen variety..? Yeah...

Quote from: TankIn this case tilted would be the correct word. And I would think they are tilted. Those buildings are a few hundred years old.
Yes, I think they are that. Still, why not like... Mend it when it starts happening..? Bound to become a safety issue, if left to tilt on..? oO(Not to mention if you want to mount a huge flatscreen on that wall... Getting it straight must be a bitch...)
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

The Magic Pudding

Seems with this thread I don't have an excuse for making a Puddings Gawn a Paddling thread.
Anyway this is where I was today.

Tank

The Magic Pudding

Quote from: Tank on December 28, 2011, 11:39:47 AM
That looks like fun.

"Believe me, my young friend, there is NOTHING--absolute nothing--half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats. Simply messing,' he went on dreamily: `messing--about--in--boats; messing----"

McQ

Quote from: Tank on December 28, 2011, 11:39:47 AM
That looks like fun.

I agree. Moving water, still water, any kind of water...it's all fun to play on, and in!
Elvis didn't do no drugs!
--Penn Jillette

McQ

Some fun stuff from the studio, in which I spend far too little time!
Nikon D700, 105mm Macro (borrowed the camera and lens for this shoot, as my D3 is being cleaned).

Hydraulic Photography:

Elvis didn't do no drugs!
--Penn Jillette

Stevil

Tank

Cecilie

The world's what you create.