Photography, photos you took, photos you are in, photos you like, the lot!

Started by Tank, June 07, 2011, 07:46:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tank

McQ. I bet there was a YES! moment when you first reviewed that pitcher shot? A real winner.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Sweetdeath

Whoa, yes!!  That fireworks photo is stunning and captivating.
Law 35- "You got to go with what works." - Robin Lefler

Wiggum:"You have that much faith in me, Homer?"
Homer:"No! Faith is what you have in things that don't exist. Your awesomeness is real."

"I was thinking that perhaps this thing called God does not exist. Because He cannot save any one of us. No matter how we pray, He doesn't mend our wounds.

Tank

Had a super day at Lotherton Hall near Leeds.

It has an open aviary which one can walk through, flower gardens and a tiny little pond (8' x 20') with more wildlife in one place than I have ever seen before!

What cha' doin'!

A pair of damsel flies, the male is the top one.

A teeny tiny toadlet about 6mm long.

A pond skater having lunch.

A perfectly sober newt! The first time I have ever seen, let alone been able to photograph, one.

A full grown toad with toadlets!

A different toad, slightly smaller that the previous one. Look closely and you can see a fly lava above its eye and tiny insects on its back.

"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett

Tank

The Magic Pudding

McQ

Tank, those are all fantastic photos! That place is a nature photographer's paradise. Great, great stuff, all of it. Thanks for posting them!
Elvis didn't do no drugs!
--Penn Jillette

McQ

Quote from: Tank on July 04, 2011, 08:59:15 AM
McQ. I bet there was a YES! moment when you first reviewed that pitcher shot? A real winner.

There sure was! And then I couldn't stop laughing at it!
--Penn Jillette

OldGit

original_gender

Tank

Well for a creature that size water is very much more viscous than it would be to you or I. I recall a programme that made the comparison of swimming through treacle. I though about cutting down that picture to focus on the toadlet, but if I had I don't think one would have lost the scale showing how small it is.

MariaEvri

God made me an atheist, who are you to question his wisdom!
www.poseidonsimons.com

Tank

MariaEvri

I' m leaning towards real

mine this time, from the 15 june 2011 lunar eclipse

God made me an atheist, who are you to question his wisdom!
www.poseidonsimons.com

Tank

McQ

Great montage of the eclipse, Maria. I'm too lazy to put mine together like that!  :)

So, the twister isn't your shot? It's a good one regardless.
--Penn Jillette