Photography, photos you took, photos you are in, photos you like, the lot!

Started by Tank, June 07, 2011, 07:46:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

McQ

Quote from: Tank on June 26, 2011, 09:12:48 PM
Got this little chap today.

This and the wasp are great. Seeing every little detail, like those fine hairs, is awesome. Things I can't see otherwise. This is a Blue Ribbon thread, for certain.
Elvis didn't do no drugs!
--Penn Jillette

Sweetdeath

Tank, your photos give  me the shivers. They are so beautiful *___*

I made this little fellow with my androidfy app xD
Law 35- "You got to go with what works." - Robin Lefler

Wiggum:"You have that much faith in me, Homer?"
Homer:"No! Faith is what you have in things that don't exist. Your awesomeness is real."

"I was thinking that perhaps this thing called God does not exist. Because He cannot save any one of us. No matter how we pray, He doesn't mend our wounds.

DeterminedJuliet

I'm loving this thread :)

Here's a photo I really like. I didn't take it, but I think it captures the pretty little city that I live in so well.

"We've thought of life by analogy with a journey, with pilgrimage which had a serious purpose at the end, and the THING was to get to that end; success, or whatever it is, or maybe heaven after you're dead. But, we missed the point the whole way along; It was a musical thing and you were supposed to sing, or dance, while the music was being played.

McQ

Quote from: DeterminedJuliet on June 27, 2011, 01:31:37 AM

Here's a photo I really like. I didn't take it, but I think it captures the pretty little city that I live in so well.

Very pretty place.
Elvis didn't do no drugs!
--Penn Jillette

Tank

Quote from: Sweetdeath on June 27, 2011, 12:33:28 AM
Tank, your photos give  me the shivers. They are so beautiful *___*

I made this little fellow with my androidfy app xD

I love his shoes!
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Tank

Quote from: DeterminedJuliet on June 27, 2011, 01:31:37 AM

What is the places name?
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett

The Magic Pudding

Quote from: Tank on June 27, 2011, 08:38:58 AM
What is the places name?

I think the image name shows the towns name.

The French influence seems strong.
That church looks unusual, it's like by some glitch the builders added a zero to all the measurements.  The second empire French style building looks big and the church dwarfs it although further away.

DeterminedJuliet

It's St.John's, NL. The big boxy building is "The Rooms", which is a museum/cultural centre. A lot of people don't like it because it really stands out from the rest of St.John's aesthetic.

We have a lot of colourful row houses here which make for pretty pictures, and it really is a beautiful place when it's no buried under 10 feet of snow or completely foggy (so, approximately 2 weeks a year, haha).
"We've thought of life by analogy with a journey, with pilgrimage which had a serious purpose at the end, and the THING was to get to that end; success, or whatever it is, or maybe heaven after you're dead. But, we missed the point the whole way along; It was a musical thing and you were supposed to sing, or dance, while the music was being played.

OldGit

Stevil

Tank

@ Oldgit

Nice view.

@ Stevil

All very good. Have you tried cloning out or cropping off the leaves at the top left of the first shot?

Stevil

Quote from: Tank on June 28, 2011, 12:48:35 PM
Have you tried cloning out or cropping off the leaves at the top left of the first shot?
Don't know why I didn't think of cropping that photo, it wouldn't miss a bit of sky being shaved. Do you think the lighting is right on that one?

Tank

Quote from: Stevil on June 29, 2011, 09:35:24 AM
Quote from: Tank on June 28, 2011, 12:48:35 PM
Have you tried cloning out or cropping off the leaves at the top left of the first shot?
Don't know why I didn't think of cropping that photo, it wouldn't miss a bit of sky being shaved. Do you think the lighting is right on that one?
Yes I do like the lighting in that one. The spider is nicely silhouetted giving it an 'other worldly' feel. That's a shot I would like to have taken.

hismikeness

I have a screen saver on my computer at work which cycles through pictures placed in a particular folder. When you move the mouse and the computer wakes up, the last picture that was on the screen saver then gets saved as the desktop background. I have a bunch of stuff in there, but I noticed that most of them were stupid demotivational posters and such, with no real pictures. I started to collect those from various locations. One of my favorite sites for very good photography (and I'm sure a few of you could/do submit some of your photos) is called EyeFetch. It's got a hall of fame section that is really good. The NSFW pics are marked as such.

One user in particular that I found has several really unique pics in their album. Here's a direct link: User Niara.

Some of my favorites:

No churches have free wifi because they don't want to compete with an invisible force that works.

When the alien invasion does indeed happen, if everyone would just go out into the streets & inexpertly play the flute, they'll just go. -@UncleDynamite

MariaEvri

God made me an atheist, who are you to question his wisdom!
www.poseidonsimons.com