News:

if there were no need for 'engineers from the quantum plenum' then we should not have any unanswered scientific questions.

Main Menu

Are You Ready For The Zombie Invasion?

Started by xSilverPhinx, April 12, 2020, 09:10:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

xSilverPhinx

With data taken from cellphone localization apps showing fewer and fewer people are adhering to the social isolation recommendations in some Brazilian cities, and the looming threat of the number of brain-dead people increasing, those with some concern for the safety of their loved ones and themselves are taking safety precautions into their own hands.

The building complex I'm in has started barricading against the coming zombie invasion:   

I don't know how many zombies this structure can withstand, I insisted they dig a moat around the block with pointy things sticking out but so far nobody has listened.  :( They said holy water and hands clasped together in prayer is cheaper than digging a moat, can you believe it? ::)

Even though this is a rather flimsy defence, I am ready. Are you?

Stay safe out there folks! #Zombiesarereal
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

No one

I'll be safe. I studied anti-zombiefacation. Get yourself some of trump's speeches, play them loud, and continuously. The level of asshattery in a trump speech is immeasurable. What little brains the zombies have will become infected with infinite ineptitude.

You're welcome.

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: No one on April 12, 2020, 10:34:16 PM
I'll be safe. I studied anti-zombiefacation. Get yourself some of trump's speeches, play them loud, and continuously. The level of asshattery in a trump speech is immeasurable. What little brains the zombies have will become infected with infinite ineptitude.

You're welcome.

I will add that to my list of suggestions to the building managers.  :D

Magdalena

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

xSilverPhinx

jumbojak

Yes ma'am, I am. Sentries have been posted and, this is America, the ammo is well stocked...

"Amazing what chimney sweeping can teach us, no? Keep your fire hot and
your flue clean."  - Ecurb Noselrub

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

Dark Lightning

Magdalena

Quote from: Dark Lightning on April 13, 2020, 04:28:20 AM
Quote from: Magdalena on April 13, 2020, 01:09:27 AM
Quote from: xSilverPhinx on April 12, 2020, 09:10:44 PM
#Zombiesarereal

I don't get out much. What is this guy doing? I think that I recognize Will Smith at least?
:snicker:
Yes, that's Will Smith.
I believe he's pretending to text or use a cellphone while doing a dumb face.

You know, people who will google stuff like #Zombiesarereal because the "link won't work" if you click on it.

"He's got a smartphone, but a dumbass" --sort of thing. 
:grin:

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

billy rubin

youre not al one

i didnt know either but i waited for zomeone else to asl first

set the function, not the mechanism.

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: jumbojak on April 13, 2020, 03:34:05 AM
Yes ma'am, I am. Sentries have been posted and, this is America, the ammo is well stocked...

That's good to hear, JJ. :grin: Keep your ammo safe and secret, I predict after the zombies have taken all the toilet paper on Earth they will be wanting to stock all the ammo next... :worried:

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: billy rubin on April 13, 2020, 09:20:52 AM
youre not al one

i didnt know either but i waited for zomeone else to asl first

:lol: These are confusing times we live in. :P

Asmodean

Add a couple of flamethrowers, and you are in business! As The Ever-So-Wise Gray Tome says, "You can never have enough 'throwers." :smilenod:

Most people in my area seem to be content to just stay at home. They work at home, their kids go to school via video conference, they can have groceries and other necessities delivered to them by pretty much the only under-staffed people left in the country, besides yours truly... Yeah. My area is actually OK. That's not to say that it's like that everywhere around here - we have our share of people who either don't give a damn or suffer from poor risk assessment.
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Asmodean on April 13, 2020, 02:48:42 PM
Add a couple of flamethrowers, and you are in business! As The Ever-So-Wise Gray Tome says, "You can never have enough 'throwers." :smilenod:

Most people in my area seem to be content to just stay at home. They work at home, their kids go to school via video conference, they can have groceries and other necessities delivered to them by pretty much the only under-staffed people left in the country, besides yours truly... Yeah. My area is actually OK. That's not to say that it's like that everywhere around here - we have our share of people who either don't give a damn or suffer from poor risk assessment.

:notes: ...flamethrowers...

billy rubin

i made a napalm bomb once.

had a motorcycle roadrace fairing delivered to the house. it arrived in one piece in a huge box packed in styrofoam peanuts. i hate those things so i decided to burn the whole object befote they could ezcape.

took it out to the burn pile and poured a liter of gasoline over tbe styrofoam. then i realized i didnt habe any matchez, so i went back to the house.

by the time i returned the gasokine had dissolved into tbe peanutz rendering a certain amount of primitive napalm. tbe remainder had evaporated and filled tbe bix with a large amou t of gasoline vapour mixed with atmosphereic oxygen.

so me in all innocence stood there, struck a mat h, and tozsed it into the box.

there waz a thunderous exlosion and suddenly i was 8n the centr of a flaming hemizphere of jellied gasoline particlez, expanding outwards in perfect spherical symmitry and the n falli g straight down like incendiary bombs.

with me in the middle

anyway, i somehow escaed unzcathed and then ran arou d tbe fairy ring stomping the flami g styrofoam until i felt safe again.

it waz very beautiful, albeit a bit stupid. but tbats mostly the story of my lifel, i guess

set the function, not the mechanism.

Tank

If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.