News:

The default theme for this site has been updated. For further information, please take a look at the announcement regarding HAF changing its default theme.

Main Menu

Should we talk about the weather?

Started by Eric V Arachnid, December 28, 2014, 12:28:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Biggus Dickus

Quote from: Papasito Bruno on April 18, 2020, 05:19:24 AM
Quote from: Papasito Bruno on April 16, 2020, 09:31:05 PM
Quote from: xSilverPhinx on April 16, 2020, 06:35:24 PM
That's a pity, Papasito Bruno. Such a pretty tree in bloom.

I know xSP, me haz the saddies :-X

Not long after I posted my gripping account of this travesty I received a text message from a neighbor who lives across the street from me about the tree, he remarked how bummed out he and his wife were as they can see the tree from their kitchen window, so they really enjoy the view when eating at their table every day.

They haz saddies too :'( :'(

It snowed all day here today, I mean literally for hours on end...Thank a god or goddess the frost has already been coming out of the ground so it didn't stick, and has mostly melted. I think if we had gotten this two weeks ago when it was colder we would have got close to 6-8 inches at least.

Enough already with the snow, I want sunshine and hot weather. (I think I'm feeling this way as I should have just returned from a nine day vacation in Honduras...instead I'm stuck here with the snow)

Plus, today is our trash pickup. I heard the garbage truck coming down the street, and I remembered I had some additional trash I wanted to take out, so I threw on some crocs, grabbed the trash, and ran outside to the street to toss it into the receptacle.

Of course I slipped, and fell onto to my ass right in the street, and of course it was in view of the driver of the garbage truck who gave me a jolly wave and grin as I sheepishly got up from the cold, wet cement.

I waved, and grinned back at him as I slowly made my way to my front door.

By the way a friend of mine gave me the crocs at Christmas as a gift, because I was always making fun of him when he wore his crocs...have to say they come in handy around the house.(I would never, ever wear them out though, just saying...I'm not like that)

So Friday it snowed all day. Yesterday I woke up early to head out to the market, and there was still snow on the windshield of my car, by early afternoon I was taking a walk with my son, the temp was almost 60F, and we were only wearing t-shirts and hoodies.

Sun was out most of the day. Such weird weather. Currently it is 53F, with another expected high today of 60F.

Someone up there listened to my rants ::)
"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

Old Seer

Quote from: Tom62 on December 28, 2014, 04:52:53 PM
We've got snow, snow and more snow. Temperatures are -4 degrees Celcius. Tomorrow it will be -15 degrees.
You must be so far North you have to look South to see the North Pole.  :)
The only thing possible the world needs saving from are the ones running it.
Oh lord, save us from those wanting to save us.
I'm not a Theist.

xSilverPhinx

Cold, cloudy day. It's lovely. :tellmemore:

Winter is coming.
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

billy rubin

frost two days ago. more frost expected in a few days. spitting a light rain now.

this place had a very mild winter. only two snows, and not hard ones. but the spring has been cool and wet.

this has put a serious cramp in my motorcycle riding. i used to ride in the snow, but i've become a wimp in the last year or two, and don't enjoy hypothermia as much as i used to.

"I cannot understand the popularity of that kind of music, which is based on repetition. In a civilized society, things don't need to be said more than three times."

Tank

Frosty night. Today set to get to 21ºC!
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Randy

We are expecting thunderstorms all afternoon and evening. The temperature is fairly mild with a high of 76F/24C.
"Maybe it's just a bunch of stuff that happens." -- Homer Simpson
"Some people focus on the destination. Atheists focus on the journey." -- Barry Goldberg

billy rubin

warm, humid. afternoon showers, evening thunderstorms.

an occasional peeper, and the toads are settlind down. none of the others have caught my attention yet.

"I cannot understand the popularity of that kind of music, which is based on repetition. In a civilized society, things don't need to be said more than three times."

Tom62

Sunny and warm here in Bad Schwalbach with temperatures in the mid-twenties.
The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein

Randy

Well, so far I'm not even sure we got a raindrop. It's overcast and humid but then it seems to always be humid in Georgia. It's almost five o'clock in the evening and I've not heard so much as a thunderclap. I like to listen to it rain when I can. Chemotherapy ruined my hearing so it isn't easy these days to hear it rain. Maybe later on tonight although I'll be watching a series on Hulu I'm sure.

Hey, maybe it will happen around bedtime and I can sleep with it. :)
"Some people focus on the destination. Atheists focus on the journey." -- Barry Goldberg

hermes2015

Winter has arrived! The temperature dropped to 0° last night, so some snowfalls are to be expected later in the season.
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

Randy

We hardly get any snow where I live. I don't think we had any all winter. And even if it does, it usually doesn't stick.

There was a spring day where we had a blizzard which only happens once in a lifetime if that often.

xSilverPhinx

It doesn't stop raining. Not that I'm going anywhere anyway. :deadpan:
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

hermes2015

It's -1° at the moment and dry as a bone here.
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

Randy

It's 80F/27C degrees here with a 50% chance of rain this evening. Of course, the humidity in Georgia is always high it seems. It feels quite warm in here and we have the air conditioner going. It could be because of the sunlight coming through the window.

Anyway, the temperature will get up to 83F/28F today. I expected it to be warmer for some reason.

billy rubin

gorgeous late spring

leopard frogs, all kinds of fledglings, more kittens on the porcg
h

the tulip poplars are blooming, the last of the trees except for the catawbas. on the ground are daisiez, dead nettles, crown vetch, birdsfoot treefoil, sweet clover and dutch clover

today i walked over a huge patch of scarlet pimpernels in the gravel at one of the well pads

warm and humid days, blue skiez and fair weather cumulus as far az the eye can see. wani2ng moon with clearnights and cool mornings..

coons and possums and marmotz and skunks everywhere

b8eautiful time to be alive