News:

The default theme for this site has been updated. For further information, please take a look at the announcement regarding HAF changing its default theme.

Main Menu

Duke of Bullshit: "The" Donald

Started by Recusant, November 11, 2015, 11:29:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dark Lightning

Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on December 29, 2020, 09:57:19 PM
Making Puerto Rico and D. C. new states could help the Senate problem.  Too many small states have too much power.  We may not be able to subtract, but we can add.

Puerto Ricans had the lazies and didn't vote in sufficient numbers last time this vote came up. It's a pity, really, because if they could be part of the tie-breaker, they'd be WAY ahead. It would be interesting if someone could push that narrative there and have PR end up as a state. It could only have an upside for them, as far as I can see. :smilenod:

No one

Hopefully we get national Pasteles day.

Randy

I think the president just got caught with his fingers in the pie. You may have already heard this but I think it belongs anyway.

Donald Trump calls Raffensperger to find an extra 10,000 votes for him.
"Maybe it's just a bunch of stuff that happens." -- Homer Simpson
"Some people focus on the destination. Atheists focus on the journey." -- Barry Goldberg

Randy

It was actually 11,870 votes but you get the idea.

Anyway, I listened to the hour long tape of the conversation. Did President Stump cross a legal line? I don't know enough about the legalities in my state but I'm looking up information. Maybe we'll see if he gets served on January 20, 2021 at 12:01. I know, it probably won't happen like that but he'd deserve it. He seems to be trying to commit election fraud but I can't quite place where.

I know he applied pressure to the Secretary of State but did he cross that line? I hope he did. That will just add one more felony to the huckster in chief.
"Some people focus on the destination. Atheists focus on the journey." -- Barry Goldberg

billy rubin

he ll never be charged with a crime.

h emight lose some court cases like his kids did and get slaps on teh wrist but thats all

but if his behavior can disillusion any of his followers or keep them away from the polls in geargia tomorrow it will have been for a good cause

"I cannot understand the popularity of that kind of music, which is based on repetition. In a civilized society, things don't need to be said more than three times."

Dark Lightning

Quote from: billy rubin on January 05, 2021, 03:09:56 AM

h emight lose some court cases like his kids did and get slaps on teh wrist but thats all

but if his behavior can disillusion any of his followers or keep them away from the polls in geargia tomorrow it will have been for a good cause

My expectation is that his worshippers will never change. That's a sad mark on the state of education in the US, because a properly educated populace would never vote for this crazy shit.

Randy

Quote from: billy rubin on January 05, 2021, 03:09:56 AM

Truly. i expected him to face charges for one thing or another long before he became president. I guess money can buy freedom.  :-\

billy rubin

Quote from: Randy on January 05, 2021, 03:28:01 PM
I guess money can buy freedom.  :-\

its always been that way but its getting worse in th eunited states

i think about thirty years ago there were 40 billionaires in the united states. now there are 600.

my father inth e1950s and 1960s could move from one town to another as an operations geologist and afford to buy or build  a house in every town he moved into, on on eincome.

today the people who work 40 hours per week--full time-- with my wife in the local mcdonalds are also on food stamps in order to keep food on the table. they cant afford medical care, live in three generation households,  and lose all their teeth by the time theyre 40 years old.

the mcdonalds franchise owners have discovered that they can subsidize their business with your tax dollars by requiring employees to live partly on government assistance. so they can extract 40 hours of fulltime employment a week from someone while not paying them a living wage in return

"I cannot understand the popularity of that kind of music, which is based on repetition. In a civilized society, things don't need to be said more than three times."

Randy

Quote from: billy rubin on January 05, 2021, 04:42:00 PM
Quote from: Randy on January 05, 2021, 03:28:01 PM
I guess money can buy freedom.  :-\

its always been that way but its getting worse in th eunited states

i think about thirty years ago there were 40 billionaires in the united states. now there are 600.

my father inth e1950s and 1960s could move from one town to another as an operations geologist and afford to buy or build  a house in every town he moved into, on on eincome.

today the people who work 40 hours per week--full time-- with my wife in the local mcdonalds are also on food stamps in order to keep food on the table. they cant afford medical care, live in three generation households,  and lose all their teeth by the time theyre 40 years old.

the mcdonalds franchise owners have discovered that they can subsidize their business with your tax dollars by requiring employees to live partly on government assistance. so they can extract 40 hours of fulltime employment a week from someone while not paying them a living wage in return
Oh yes, how well I know about not being able to afford things like dentistry and medical now. I'm on a fixed income and it's far below what I used to make. If I got in trouble for anything I know I couldn't buy my way out.

My first wife only made minimum wage after we divorced and some years later, until 2018 still didn't make enough to cover her cost of living. She went to food banks and had to forget about physicals and dental checkups.

It's a crying shame that in the "land of milk and honey" as is referred to in the Philippines that we continue to degrade. Maybe someday we will end up as a third world country. I doubt it will be this year although 74 million people more or less would like it,

Randy

With the electoral count today I wonder if the president will do something even more stupid than he has done already. I'm thinking of something like him storming the Senate since Pence is unable to do anything even if he wanted. It would be funny to watch that go into his legacy. :)

Davin

Trump is going to fight this every fucking step of the fucking way.

He's still getting a lot of donations for him to fight the election results, but most of that is going straight to him and his debts. As long as he is getting financial support from the gullible rubes he going to pretend to keep fighting so that he can squeeze out as much money as he can.
Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

Davin

Looks like good news in GA as well. 50 Ds vs. 50 Rs now with Harris being the tie breaker. So Mich loses most of his power.

I think Trump did a lot to hurt the Republican's chances. It's too bad, because those fuckers were terrible people on their own. Loeffler was one of the senate that profited off of insider trading instead of trying to prevent a disaster, she bet on it being bad.
Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

Tank

So Trumpists storm Capitol Hill. Oh joy!
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Ecurb Noselrub

You are now seeing the consequences of Trump's assault on democracy. A mob has taken over the Capitol.  This is 100% his fault. I hope we survive as a Republic.

Dark Lightning

All kinds of video being taken, the identities are going to be known/discovered. I hope every one of those assholes that stormed the US Capitol get maximum sentences.  :rant1: