News:

If you have any trouble logging in, please contact admins via email. tankathaf *at* gmail.com or
recusantathaf *at* gmail.com

Main Menu

Duke of Bullshit: "The" Donald

Started by Recusant, November 11, 2015, 11:29:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

billy rubin

opium is that way, until you get used to it.

i remember once being thirsty ,then drinking, then throwing up, then being thirsty . . . i threw up 26 times that evening.

but its very easy and non-disgusting on opium. you say, throw up, and you do, clear  water, voluntary muscle control.

the world is a different place to opium addicts. if it wasn't illegal i'd recommend it to people for a variety of conditions.

set the function, not the mechanism.

Randy

I've got a question about Trump's impending court cases in New York. If he goes to jail will his secret service team have to follow him? What kind of accommodations would they get?
"Maybe it's just a bunch of stuff that happens." -- Homer Simpson
"Some people focus on the destination. Atheists focus on the journey." -- Barry Goldberg

Icarus

That is an intriguing question Randy.  Never thought of that possibility.

Dark Lightning

I put money on his not getting a prison term, no matter his guilt. I don't think that the legal system is up to the challenge of incarcerating an ex-president. I'd love, love, LOVE to be wrong. Hell, we hanged Saddam Hussein, after all. I seriously doubt he will have an SS contingent protecting him in prison. Just put him in administrative segregation like all the other traitors even though he hasn't been (and probably won't be, tried for treason).

Tom62

I agree, Trump won't get a prison term. Even mass murdering ex-presidents, like Richard Nixon and George W. Bush,  were never incarnated.
The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein

No one

You can always hope for a death sentence.

Ecurb Noselrub

Now Dear Leader is floating the idea of martial law. He is taking us to the lowest possible level now.  Can someone please hit the universal fast-forward button to noon, January 20? 

Tank

Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on December 21, 2020, 05:27:11 PM
Now Dear Leader is floating the idea of martial law. He is taking us to the lowest possible level now.  Can someone please hit the universal fast-forward button to noon, January 20?

Snopes was reporting that the martial law tweet was a fake. Not sure if this is what you are referring to?
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Ecurb Noselrub

Quote from: Tank on December 21, 2020, 05:47:55 PM

Snopes was reporting that the martial law tweet was a fake. Not sure if this is what you are referring to?

No, not the Tweet.  It was reported on CNN from multiple sources that he discussed this with his staff.  So far, most are resisting, but a few like Michael Flynn and the nutjob attorney he now has support it.

Tank

Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on December 21, 2020, 08:30:26 PM
Quote from: Tank on December 21, 2020, 05:47:55 PM

No, not the Tweet.  It was reported on CNN from multiple sources that he discussed this with his staff.  So far, most are resisting, but a few like Michael Flynn and the nutjob attorney he now has support it.

We'll have to wait and see. Can you still get into Mexico?
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett

Ecurb Noselrub

Yes, I could go to Mexico if I wanted. We are staying on the Zocalo in Mexico City next Christmas, if I'm alive.

Tank

Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on December 23, 2020, 10:33:09 PM
Yes, I could go to Mexico if I wanted. We are staying on the Zocalo in Mexico City next Christmas, if I'm alive.

The odds are you will be.

Recusant

The world is watching President Trump's extended performance of spitting the dummy, all the while hoping to get through it unscathed. (I thought "spit the dummy" was British because I learned it from them, but the dictionary tells me it's Australian. I doubt an Australian would have tortured the syntax the way I did.)

The Republicans are already planning to implement various vote-suppression measures, and they've done well in state legislatures so gerrymandering can proceed apace with the new census data. The absurdly archaic Electoral College system is extremely unlikely to be changed in the foreseeable future. I regret to say it, but there's a good chance we haven't seen the last Trumpist president.
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

Ecurb Noselrub

Making Puerto Rico and D. C. new states could help the Senate problem.  Too many small states have too much power.  We may not be able to subtract, but we can add.

Randy

Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on December 23, 2020, 10:33:09 PM
If I were you I wouldn't go after I'm dead. I don't think I'd enjoy it as much.
"Maybe it's just a bunch of stuff that happens." -- Homer Simpson
"Some people focus on the destination. Atheists focus on the journey." -- Barry Goldberg