News:

Unnecessarily argumentative

Main Menu

What's on your mind today?

Started by Steve Reason, August 25, 2007, 08:15:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LifeWithDog

Tomorrows hiking trip is on my mind. Also thinking about whether I should cancel. Do I really want to go? It seems like so much work. Oh and also why do I always want to cancel things at the last minute? It seems to be anxiety. I think. Or depression. But I miss on a lot.

So really what's on my mind is this circular argument with myself that I know the answer to. So far I haven't cancelled though so that's good.

Recusant

"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

LifeWithDog

Quote from: Recusant on April 11, 2021, 07:45:21 AM
Hello, LifeWithDog:)

Hello!

I'm newish. I had a previous account but I no longer had access to the email used and forgot the password. This was the account I had saved in my password manager so I went with it. Also I love the username lol.

Tank

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on April 10, 2021, 04:11:05 PM
Quote from: Tank on April 08, 2021, 07:07:18 PM
Quote from: xSilverPhinx on April 08, 2021, 03:19:50 PM
I had suspected Iago was eating his poop and now my suspicions have been confirmed.  :eeew:

It saves you clearing it up but it will be a hell of a mess when he explodes!

:eeew: I'd rather clean it up and not have him death-breathing me after helping himself to poop buffet.  ;)

:rofl:
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Tank

Quote from: LifeWithDog on April 11, 2021, 08:41:00 AM
Quote from: Recusant on April 11, 2021, 07:45:21 AM
Hello, LifeWithDog:)

Hello!

I'm newish. I had a previous account but I no longer had access to the email used and forgot the password. This was the account I had saved in my password manager so I went with it. Also I love the username lol.

Welcome back :)
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

xSilverPhinx

Hello, LifeWithDog, welcome back to the forum! I love dogs! My hyperactive Border Collie Mix, Joy, and my poop-eating German Shepherd Iago have pretty much taken over my life and I'm fine with that. ;D 
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Dark Lightning

jumbojak

Quote from: LifeWithDog on April 11, 2021, 06:43:27 AM
Tomorrows hiking trip is on my mind. Also thinking about whether I should cancel. Do I really want to go? It seems like so much work. Oh and also why do I always want to cancel things at the last minute? It seems to be anxiety. I think. Or depression. But I miss on a lot.

So really what's on my mind is this circular argument with myself that I know the answer to. So far I haven't cancelled though so that's good.

Don't cancel, go hiking. I can't speak for you but when I'm feeling anxious and depressed getting out and active helps more than anything.

"Amazing what chimney sweeping can teach us, no? Keep your fire hot and
your flue clean."  - Ecurb Noselrub

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

LifeWithDog

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on April 11, 2021, 02:06:42 PM
Hello, LifeWithDog, welcome back to the forum! I love dogs! My hyperactive Border Collie Mix, Joy, and my poop-eating German Shepherd Iago have pretty much taken over my life and I'm fine with that. ;D

Me too! I have a golden retriever looking dog. That's what I usually tell people. The DNA test came back with all kinds of different stuff. Rottweiler, Labrador, Pit Bull, Boxer, Shetland Sheepdog, etc. At first I thought it was the wrong dog but the older she gets the more I can see of various breeds.

Oh and my mom recently got a new dog. An Irish Setter. He eats poop. He's not the brightest but he does mean well lol.

billy rubin

"I cannot understand the popularity of that kind of music, which is based on repetition. In a civilized society, things don't need to be said more than three times."

Icarus

LiveWithDog,  My beloved Irish Setter was a brilliant and analytical thinker as evidenced by her behaviour.  Irish Setters are usually thought of as goofy dogs but that assessment is way out of line.  I have had two of them and "Unsinkable Molly Brown" was a spectacular companion.  "Buddy", the stray Irish Setter that we rescued, was one of the nicest, most appreciative, most disciplined dogs of all the varieties that I have had and loved.

I have had champion English Bulldogs, Boston terriers, Irish  Setters, Australian Shephards, and Bernese Mountain dogs.  I loved them all and they certainly responded with reciprocated love and devotion. 

Those red setters tend to be  clowns,. That does not mean that they are less intelligent, not by a long shot

I am on a nostalgia kick here and I have wonderful tales to tell about my best friends of the four foot variety. In the interest of brevity I will not regale you with them at this time.

Magdalena

Welcome, again, LifeWithDog.

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

LifeWithDog

Quote from: Icarus on April 12, 2021, 10:45:19 PM
LiveWithDog,  My beloved Irish Setter was a brilliant and analytical thinker as evidenced by her behaviour.  Irish Setters are usually thought of as goofy dogs but that assessment is way out of line.  I have had two of them and "Unsinkable Molly Brown" was a spectacular companion.  "Buddy", the stray Irish Setter that we rescued, was one of the nicest, most appreciative, most disciplined dogs of all the varieties that I have had and loved.

I have had champion English Bulldogs, Boston terriers, Irish  Setters, Australian Shephards, and Bernese Mountain dogs.  I loved them all and they certainly responded with reciprocated love and devotion. 

Those red setters tend to be  clowns,. That does not mean that they are less intelligent, not by a long shot

I am on a nostalgia kick here and I have wonderful tales to tell about my best friends of the four foot variety. In the interest of brevity I will not regale you with them at this time.

I've heard really good things about the breed and he is an amazing dog. Very loyal. He's 100% attached to my mom and she really need that after her pitbull passed away. He really is the goofiest, derpiest dog I've ever met though. He has a few brilliant moments here and there and I wouldn't call him stupid at all but he just has a lot of less than brilliant moments. Its charming though. He learns semi quickly. He is an incredible match for my dog when I bring her over. Instant best friends.

Always up for some good dog tales so share away!

Icarus

Thanks LWD.  I think that you may be among some people here who do like their canine companions.   

LifeWithDog

Quote from: Icarus on April 15, 2021, 02:22:11 AM
Thanks LWD.  I think that you may be among some people here who do like their canine companions.

I like her more than most people lol. Much more reliable. Would be great if she cleaned up after herself or cooked a meal or two but ill let that pass!