News:

The default theme for this site has been updated. For further information, please take a look at the announcement regarding HAF changing its default theme.

Main Menu

Hello!

Started by Drich, April 02, 2020, 07:23:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Drich

I came here looking to bring clarity and understanding to those interested in Christianity. If you have any questions please feel free to ask.
I read the rules. not looking to preach maybe answer some questions and give a bible based view of God rather than church/religion/tradition based.

billy rubin

hi drich

which bible do you prefer?

what else is going on in your life?

"I cannot understand the popularity of that kind of music, which is based on repetition. In a civilized society, things don't need to be said more than three times."

Drich

:) my first customer!

I use several bibles when asked for a quote. it depends on whom i am speaking the nature of the question and how the answers needs to be presented. Often times i will use the easy to read bible as my first goto. this usually does the trick.

co-ved has just shut down my state but we work in a priority field (refrigerated trucks) which is what is keeping the shelves stocked right now. we usually build and sell them but we also service them which is what we are doing now./keeping them on the road and at temp for delivery. 28ish years in this business almost 20 on my own. in all that time never seen anything like this. sure we have hurricnes but they maybe stop things for a week, but the state was just shut down for 30 days.

Tank

Quote from: Drich on April 02, 2020, 07:23:53 PM
I came here looking to bring clarity and understanding to those interested in Christianity. If you have any questions please feel free to ask.
I read the rules. not looking to preach maybe answer some questions and give a bible based view of God rather than church/religion/tradition based.

You seriously think we don't know about the bullshit delusion that is Christianity?  :lol: :lol: :lol:
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Drich

married, 18ish years. kid is in national guard as a mp. have a few projects.. 1979 f350 4x4 super cab we are putting a 7.5 liter turbo into right now. a 1967 mustang with a sn95 cobra fuel injected motor and complete drive train. that one is more or less done... was looking forward to car shows this year... not going to happen. Got a little home farm. no shortage on eggs in fact we are giving most of them away. ducks chicken and geese produce between 18 and 22 eggs a day. I also have a few hives of bees.

Sandra Craft

Quote from: Tank on April 02, 2020, 07:52:12 PM

You seriously think we don't know about the bullshit delusion that is Christianity?  :lol: :lol: :lol:

And besides, the job of providing biblical perspectives/Xtians POVs here is already filled.
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

Drich

I've been doing this since 2005ish on atheists and christian sites alike. some of you may know me or i may be 'no one of consequence." to others  ;D but in truth most of you know mostly the sunday school religious versions which is usually limited to the amount of study one puts in once a week for an hour till about middle or first few years of high school.
People like that don't typically know there is a difference between doctrine and canon.

then there are those who are a little more hard core. their faith was tested or they cried out to God and no one responded.

next are those who lost something or some one and blame/hate God for it.

Then just about everyone else considers themselves psudointellects who have read the works of some other atheist philosopher and thinks through them they have it all figured out. These guys can recite what they believe but can not defend it when shown to be incontridiction or error and often default to ad hom attack when backed into a corner.

there are a few 'snow flakes' among you individual with unique stories and back grounds but they are really few and far between.

the real question is, did you really think i came here unprepared? :???:

billy rubin

cool

i was into beez pretty heavily a few years back. ive got four packagez suppozedly showing up here in mid april from georgia, but who knowz how that might turn out.

new chicks in tbe living room as well, until the weather warms.

on the bible, maybe i should have phrased the queztion differently. what canon do you prefer? moztly in america we uze only about tbree of them, but in my neighborhood there are a lot of ethiopians, so we have a fourth.

got to go . im in a preferred occupation az well and juzt loadex my truck with oil field brine for the injection well.

"I cannot understand the popularity of that kind of music, which is based on repetition. In a civilized society, things don't need to be said more than three times."

Drich

Quote from: Sandra Craft on April 02, 2020, 07:59:12 PM

And besides, the job of providing biblical perspectives/Xtians POVs here is already filled.
sorry to hear that, maybe then i could take a stab at some of the questions already posted in the christian section.. maybe a different perspective will help change your mind over time.

Drich

Quote from: billy rubin on April 02, 2020, 08:02:02 PM
cool

i was into beez pretty heavily a few years back. ive got four packagez suppozedly showing up here in mid april from georgia, but who knowz how that might turn out.
what kind? i have italians.. we have a huge aperiary a few miles up. i get all my stuff from there. never got them through the mail before. kinda scary for the mail man..
new chicks in tbe living room as well, until the weather warms.
we had a hen that went broody so we stuffed a dozen eggs under her and she hatched out 9 of them. And I got 10 more ducks from tractor supply on line... 4 were DOA. one had a messed up leg. they refunded the difference. (harlequins and peking's)
on the bible, maybe i should have phrased the queztion differently. what canon do you prefer? moztly in america we uze only about tbree of them, but in my neighborhood there are a lot of ethiopians, so we have a fourth.
canon do i prefer? do you mean vulgate holy bible or septuagint?

got to go . im in a preferred occupation az well and juzt loadex my truck with oil field brine for the injection well.
a good friend of mine use to do that in south dakota.

No one

drick is a major asshat. It will post it's trite drivel anywhere that will have it.

Tank

Quote from: Drich on April 02, 2020, 08:01:51 PM

I've been doing this since 2005ish on atheists and christian sites alike. some of you may know me or i may be 'no one of consequence." to others  ;D but in truth most of you know mostly the sunday school religious versions which is usually limited to the amount of study one puts in once a week for an hour till about middle or first few years of high school.
People like that don't typically know there is a difference between doctrine and canon.

then there are those who are a little more hard core. their faith was tested or they cried out to God and no one responded.

next are those who lost something or some one and blame/hate God for it.

Then just about everyone else considers themselves psudointellects who have read the works of some other atheist philosopher and thinks through them they have it all figured out. These guys can recite what they believe but can not defend it when shown to be incontridiction or error and often default to ad hom attack when backed into a corner.

there are a few 'snow flakes' among you individual with unique stories and back grounds but they are really few and far between.

the real question is, did you really think i came here unprepared? :???:

So you have come here to preach. You will not last long if you do. We don't run this place for people like you to come here and pontificate to your hearts content. This isn't a place for you to share you delusional beliefs.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett

Tank

Quote from: No one on April 02, 2020, 08:10:58 PM
drick is a major asshat. It will post it's trite drivel anywhere that will have it.

Noted.

Dark Lightning

There went the neighborhood.

Recusant

Quote from: No one on April 02, 2020, 08:10:58 PM

Yeah, you know that's not cool, man. You also know that Drich is free to post here as long as he doesn't contravene our rules. I think he's doing a fine job of tainting the well himself, without your help.  :)

"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken