News:

If you have any trouble logging in, please contact admins via email. tankathaf *at* gmail.com or
recusantathaf *at* gmail.com

Main Menu

Duke of Bullshit: "The" Donald

Started by Recusant, November 11, 2015, 11:29:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ecurb Noselrub

Yes, Texas and Florida are in a race to the bottom of the political shame barrel. Georgia and Arizona are going in the right direction, but our states a doubling down on stupid.

Randy

Quote from: Icarus on January 23, 2021, 11:50:32 PM
Can a sane person really believe this?.........One of the Florida state representatives intends to introduce a bill that will rename one of our busiest highways.  US 27 is more than 400 miles long in Florida alone.  The dipshit, named Sabatini, proposes to rename it: Trump Memorial highway.

Sabatini is on record with the claim that Trump is "one of the best presidents in our entire history".  :lynch: This guy is actually serious about renaming the highway so as to honor his hero.

So there Ecurb!  Texas is not the only place where there are weirded out politicians.  We can match you head to head with loony tune pols.
I really hope that this character is the only one who thinks this way in Florida. The idea of remembering him as anything but a loser with hopes of dictatorship will someday come back to haunt them if and when they ever come to their senses.
"Maybe it's just a bunch of stuff that happens." -- Homer Simpson
"Some people focus on the destination. Atheists focus on the journey." -- Barry Goldberg

Tank

If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Harmonie

Quote from: Icarus on January 23, 2021, 11:50:32 PM
Can a sane person really believe this?.........One of the Florida state representatives intends to introduce a bill that will rename one of our busiest highways.  US 27 is more than 400 miles long in Florida alone.  The dipshit, named Sabatini, proposes to rename it: Trump Memorial highway.

Sabatini is on record with the claim that Trump is "one of the best presidents in our entire history".  :lynch: This guy is actually serious about renaming the highway so as to honor his hero.

So there Ecurb!  Texas is not the only place where there are weirded out politicians.  We can match you head to head with loony tune pols.

There were senators talking about doing the same thing with a highway in Oklahoma throughout the last year.  :bleh:

Icon Image by Cherubunny on Tumblr
"I distrust those people who know so well what God wants them to do because I notice it always coincides with their own desires." - Susan B. Anthony

xSilverPhinx

I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Randy

I'd be interested in how much truth there is to it. I hope the whole thing is factual. There are two people that I know who would need to read it, Of course, one doesn't read and the other follows right-wing talk radio hosts like Rush Limburger no matter how many he's shown to be wrong,
"Some people focus on the destination. Atheists focus on the journey." -- Barry Goldberg

Tank

Whispers. It's very quiet now Trump has gone !!!
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett

Randy

I don't know that it will stay that way. He enjoys the spotlight too much.  :(

Tank

Quote from: Randy on February 03, 2021, 10:14:21 PM

Did you know he was essentially bankrupt when he started The Apprentice?

Randy

Quote from: Tank on February 04, 2021, 09:34:21 AM
Quote from: Randy on February 03, 2021, 10:14:21 PM

Did you know he was essentially bankrupt when he started The Apprentice?
I had no idea. I mean it makes sense because he's failed at so many things.

Ecurb Noselrub

Some day he or his progeny will pay the piper.  You cannot believe how wonderful it is to be in the USA and have an actual government trying to govern in good faith. It's been four years of shit.  You also cannot believe how close we came to losing it all. Ironically, it was a few Republicans of good faith and character who stood up and saved us. I'm telling you we were one inch away from martial law and the end of the Republic. It scared the shit out of me. But Biden stayed calm and stayed the course. I truly respect him.  He is not perfect, by any means, but God, what an improvement!!!

billy rubin

the guy isn't gone, nor are his toadies. nor is the risk.

marjorie taylor greene got a standing ovation in the house of representatives after her speech explaining that she hasn't believed in Qanon, since at least two years ago, and all that other stuff about not believing in 911 or school shoo5otings was just media frenzy. and doesn't represent her.

th erepublican party is trying hard to figure out a way to keep from disintegrating into separate traditionalist and wacko parties, it appears that their solution is to welcome the crazies in and give them a place at the table.

"I cannot understand the popularity of that kind of music, which is based on repetition. In a civilized society, things don't need to be said more than three times."

Anne D.

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on January 30, 2021, 10:45:17 AM
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2021/jan/29/trump-russia-asset-claims-former-kgb-spy-new-book

Could it be possible? :notsure:

Yes, not just possible but probable. There's no other explanation.

EN, yes, every day I wake up and thank the universe that we're back to having someone in charge of the federal government who at a bare minimum is sane and really cares about the welfare of the nation.

Billy, yeah, the Republican Party courted the fringe weirdos for years, thinking they'd never have to actually give them any power. Surprise, surprise, the fringe weirdos have now taken over, and the now-minority fucko establishment Repubs are now just shocked at what they've wrought. Reap what you sow, assholes. And now the whole country has paid the price.

Tank

Quote from: billy rubin on February 05, 2021, 10:10:00 PM
the guy isn't gone, nor are his toadies. nor is the risk.

marjorie taylor greene got a standing ovation in the house of representatives after her speech explaining that she hasn't believed in Qanon, since at least two years ago, and all that other stuff about not believing in 911 or school shoo5otings was just media frenzy. and doesn't represent her.

th erepublican party is trying hard to figure out a way to keep from disintegrating into separate traditionalist and wacko parties, it appears that their solution is to welcome the crazies in and give them a place at the table.

You never know you might get a centrist party form out of this.

Recusant

An excellent article by Molly Ball about the work done behind the scenes (a conspiracy!) to protect the presidential election in the US. It's a long read, but I found it fascinating. I think there's a significant possibility that without this effort the results would have been different.

"The Secret History of the Shadow Campaign That Saved the 2020 Election" | TIME

QuoteThis is the inside story of the conspiracy to save the 2020 election, based on access to the group's inner workings, never-before-seen documents and interviews with dozens of those involved from across the political spectrum. It is the story of an unprecedented, creative and determined campaign whose success also reveals how close the nation came to disaster. "Every attempt to interfere with the proper outcome of the election was defeated," says Ian Bassin, co-founder of Protect Democracy, a nonpartisan rule-of-law advocacy group. "But it's massively important for the country to understand that it didn't happen accidentally. The system didn't work magically. Democracy is not self-executing."

That's why the participants want the secret history of the 2020 election told, even though it sounds like a paranoid fever dream–a well-funded cabal of powerful people, ranging across industries and ideologies, working together behind the scenes to influence perceptions, change rules and laws, steer media coverage and control the flow of information. They were not rigging the election; they were fortifying it. And they believe the public needs to understand the system's fragility in order to ensure that democracy in America endures.

[Continues . . .]
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken