News:

Look, I haven't mentioned Zeus, Buddah, or some religion.

Main Menu

Register the Unborn?

Started by AnimatedDirt, May 08, 2012, 09:04:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

technolud

Still seems like overkill to me.  What do they think, people are going to try to sneak in un-registered 3 month old children?

DeterminedJuliet

Quote from: technolud on May 09, 2012, 05:57:45 PM
Still seems like overkill to me.  What do they think, people are going to try to sneak in un-registered 3 month old children?

Yeah, I think it makes *more* sense, but still seems a bit silly. It's not like a 3 month old is going to require his/her own seat or anything.
"We've thought of life by analogy with a journey, with pilgrimage which had a serious purpose at the end, and the THING was to get to that end; success, or whatever it is, or maybe heaven after you're dead. But, we missed the point the whole way along; It was a musical thing and you were supposed to sing, or dance, while the music was being played.

Buddy

Quote from: DeterminedJuliet on May 09, 2012, 06:04:41 PM

Yeah, I think it makes *more* sense, but still seems a bit silly. It's not like a 3 month old is going to require his/her own seat or anything.

They might need a roll call just in case something were to happen that would separate the group.
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

DeterminedJuliet

Quote from: Budhorse4 on May 09, 2012, 06:56:11 PM
Quote from: DeterminedJuliet on May 09, 2012, 06:04:41 PM

They might need a roll call just in case something were to happen that would separate the group.

Yeah, I suppose. Though, again, it's not like a 3 month old is going to answer roll call themselves or get separated from their parents. I don't think it's anything worth getting upset over, but it still seems a little weird to me. Would a last minute annotation to include a small baby REALLY throw off their mojo that much?

Again, not a big deal, and the explanation makes it seem a lot more reasonable, but yeah. Still find it slightly weird. 
"We've thought of life by analogy with a journey, with pilgrimage which had a serious purpose at the end, and the THING was to get to that end; success, or whatever it is, or maybe heaven after you're dead. But, we missed the point the whole way along; It was a musical thing and you were supposed to sing, or dance, while the music was being played.