News:

If you have any trouble logging in, please contact admins via email. tankathaf *at* gmail.com or
recusantathaf *at* gmail.com

Main Menu

Howdy heathens, you are all going to hell

Started by Sidbob, January 04, 2008, 10:01:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sidbob

Only Joking, I'm an atheist really  :lol:

I have been looking for a decent Atheist forum as I'm one of those people who wastes all my time posting on CARM (same user name to this one). So I look forward to meeting lots of my fellow unbelievers here, more than anything it would be nice to really get some feelings about fundies out in the open without the threat of the divine mods of CARM breathing down my neck all the time.

Cheers
Sidbob
No Gods, No Masters, No Problem

McQ

Welcome to the forum. Your post topic got me. All I could think was, "Oh no, not another one!" LOL!

Glad to have you here.
Elvis didn't do no drugs!
--Penn Jillette

MommaSquid

Nice topic, sidbob!  Welcome to the forum.

Whitney

Welcome to the forum...i hope no fundie CARM members follow you here..in my past experience with them, they quite rude (to say it nicely) in debate.

tacoma_kyle

Hi.

Whats CARM? Musta missed it...
Me, my projects and random pictures, haha.

http://s116.photobucket.com/albums/o22/tacoma_kyle/

"Tom you gotta come out of the closet, oh my gawd!" lol

Whitney

CARM is basically a fundie hanout, i'm not sure how any atheists are able to stand it long enough to attempt debate....but don't take my word for it....you may have to sign up to see their forums (it use to be that way)....http://www.carm.org/

Sidbob

Thank you very much for the warm welcomes guys, I'm going to lurk for a while before I start posting.

CARM is the Christian Apologetics Research Ministry, the cult lea...er I mean the owner of the site is Matt Slick, Wikipedia has a page on CARM also.

Davpronk

Wow, your post title really scared me, i thought you were some kind of religious guy. :oops:

Welcome to the forum!

Mister Joy

Welcome Sidbob. Had me going for a second there as well :D . Reading through that website at the mo :lol:  Brilliant stuff.

Just spied this in answer to the question "Since the New Testament writers were biased, can we trust their testimony?" Such wonderful logic:

QuoteBeing biased about something does not mean that you cannot tell the truth.  Take for example the case of a robbery of a small store.  The robber shoots and the wounds two employees, escapes, but is later apprehended.  At the trial the employees who have recovered from their injuries are brought in to testify.  Both of these witnesses are biased in that they want to see the perpetrator properly punished.  But, under oath their testimony is accepted as perfectly valid -- providing there aren't obvious problems.  So, being biased does not automatically mean that the testimony they give is not true.

Well done there, fundies! Failed to grasp the concept of 'bias' there, somewhat, but it still warrants a pat on the head for the adorable stupidity of it all.

tacoma_kyle

Oh god---a christian forum. Nah I'll pass lol.
Me, my projects and random pictures, haha.

http://s116.photobucket.com/albums/o22/tacoma_kyle/

"Tom you gotta come out of the closet, oh my gawd!" lol

rlrose328

Welcome, Sidbob... glad to have you here!
**Kerri**
The Rogue Atheist Scrapbooker
Come visit me on Facebook!

SteveS

Quote from: "Mister Joy"Just spied this in answer to the question "Since the New Testament writers were biased, can we trust their testimony?" Such wonderful logic:
Nice call out Mr. Joy - I almost spat out my coffee reading this.  Ridiculous, ain't it?

Chris Johnston

CARM? Fundamentalist hangout? WOOHOO! Somebody post a link! I am so totally there!

Sidbob

Quote from: "Chris Johnston"CARM? Fundamentalist hangout? WOOHOO! Somebody post a link! I am so totally there!

http://www.carm.org/

Then go to the discussion boards to sign up, and prepare for an assault on your common sense and your patience.

Mister Joy

I've joined. Should be fun and head ache inducing. :D

Quote from: "SteveS"Nice call out Mr. Joy - I almost spat out my coffee reading this. Ridiculous, ain't it?

Yep. I quite enjoy listening to reasoning like that though. It makes me feel really superior :lol: . "Just because this man is bias, has a clear incentive to lie, has been diagnosed a compulsive liar & is otherwise clinically insane doesn't mean that he's incapable of telling the truth, fellas! Therefore, we have no real reason to be suspicious of him and should trust everything that he says in entirety." Thoroughly entertaining.