News:

The default theme for this site has been updated. For further information, please take a look at the announcement regarding HAF changing its default theme.

Main Menu

What do you expect/want from the staff of the forum?

Started by Tank, May 01, 2012, 01:11:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Black Jester

Quote from: Budhorse4 on July 13, 2012, 07:53:31 PM
Quote from: Tank on July 13, 2012, 07:36:53 PM
Quote from: Crow on July 13, 2012, 07:33:55 PM
Quote from: Tank on July 13, 2012, 05:31:12 PM
Russell Brand at 50

Lol
I see it took somebody from the UK to spot that :)

Oh I got it, I was just to busy gouging my eyes out with a rusty spoon. 

Coincidentally, I was doing the same...
The Black Jester

"Religion is institutionalised superstition, science is institutionalised curiosity." - Tank

"Confederation of the dispossessed,
Fearing neither god nor master." - Killing Joke

http://theblackjester.wordpress.com

Ihateyoumike

Quote from: The Black Jester on July 13, 2012, 07:54:22 PM
Russell Brand at 50

Lol

I was too busy being upset that there's not enough eye-bleach in the world to unsee what I just saw.
Prayers that need no answer now, cause I'm tired of who I am
You were my greatest mistake, I fell in love with your sin
Your littlest sin.

Amicale

Quote from: Ihateyoumike on July 13, 2012, 08:15:09 PM
Russell Brand at 50

Lol

I was too busy being upset that there's not enough eye-bleach in the world to unsee what I just saw.

I was too busy wondering how in the bloody hell he could think anyone would find that pose SEXY.  :o

"Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb we are bound to others. By every crime and act of kindness we birth our future." - Cloud Atlas

"To live in the hearts of those we leave behind is to never die." -Carl Sagan

DeterminedJuliet

He's kind of mesmerizing. His gaze is so... assured.
"We've thought of life by analogy with a journey, with pilgrimage which had a serious purpose at the end, and the THING was to get to that end; success, or whatever it is, or maybe heaven after you're dead. But, we missed the point the whole way along; It was a musical thing and you were supposed to sing, or dance, while the music was being played.

Ali

Yes.  And he's put together quite a collection of stimulating objets d'art to pose with.  I believe those small red and gold boxes contain the same brand of matches my in laws use to light their candles on Shabbat.  

Stevil

Quote from: Ali on July 13, 2012, 08:56:38 PM
Yes.  And he's put together quite a collection of stimulating objets d'art to pose with.  I believe those small red and gold boxes contain the same brand of matches my in laws use to light their candles on Shabbat.  
I was impressed when I saw the guitars but then on further inspection they are video game versions, the guy is just a poser.

It is a good advertisement for having some mental profiling of people before letting them buy guns, although I suspect these guns are either video game guns or water pistols. I think a couple of them are paintball.

Velma

Quote from: Ihateyoumike on July 13, 2012, 08:15:09 PM
Russell Brand at 50

Lol

Unfortunately there is not.
Life is but a momentary glimpse of the wonder of the astonishing universe, and it is sad to see so many dreaming it away on spiritual fantasy.~Carl Sagan

Velma

Life is but a momentary glimpse of the wonder of the astonishing universe, and it is sad to see so many dreaming it away on spiritual fantasy.~Carl Sagan

TheWalkingContradiction

So much good stuff here.  Thank you to everyone for very generous replies.

Although I will only reply to a couple of remarks here and there, know that I have read every word and appreciate it all.

TheWalkingContradiction

Quote from: The Black Jester on July 13, 2012, 03:17:26 AM
...but I would like to say that, having followed your posts thus far, I don't think I've seen anything that has stood out as offensive or unusually (for HAF) combative.  Your posts have seemed, to me, fairly exacting in their civility...

Thank you!  I have really, really tried to be civil in every post, but I fear the vampire in me unsheathing his fangs...  I am glad that what I wrote was well received.

TheWalkingContradiction

Quote from: McQ on July 13, 2012, 03:40:25 AM

Below is my entire post, which you refer to. In bold is the reason why I wrote what I did about you being new. It was to give you the benefit of the doubt on being at a loss (or a disadvantage) on how to respond to members.

What's interesting to me is how, the first time I read your post, I felt like a schoolboy being sternly reprimanded.  Then when you reposted it and I looked at it again last night, I saw it in a completely positive manner.

TheWalkingContradiction

Quote from: Tank on July 13, 2012, 07:22:30 AM

See this place as your oasis with a shady palm tree and enjoy relaxing here.

A delightful simile given my ethnicity!   :)

Tank

Quote from: TheWalkingContradiction on July 13, 2012, 10:58:35 PM
Quote from: Tank on July 13, 2012, 07:22:30 AM

See this place as your oasis with a shady palm tree and enjoy relaxing here.

A delightful simile given my ethnicity!   :)
Glad you liked it.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

McQ

Quote from: TheWalkingContradiction on July 13, 2012, 10:57:23 PM

Below is my entire post, which you refer to. In bold is the reason why I wrote what I did about you being new. It was to give you the benefit of the doubt on being at a loss (or a disadvantage) on how to respond to members.

What's interesting to me is how, the first time I read your post, I felt like a schoolboy being sternly reprimanded.  Then when you reposted it and I looked at it again last night, I saw it in a completely positive manner.

I'm glad you were able to see it in the spirit it was intended. I should probably change my avatar one of these days so people realize there is an actual human being who isn't a total a-hole behind the posts.

Elvis didn't do no drugs!
--Penn Jillette

DeterminedJuliet

Quote from: McQ on July 14, 2012, 12:14:36 AM
Quote from: TheWalkingContradiction on July 13, 2012, 10:57:23 PM

I'm glad you were able to see it in the spirit it was intended. I should probably change my avatar one of these days so people realize there is an actual human being who isn't a total a-hole behind the posts.

The puppy avatar seems to be working for En_Route  ;D
"We've thought of life by analogy with a journey, with pilgrimage which had a serious purpose at the end, and the THING was to get to that end; success, or whatever it is, or maybe heaven after you're dead. But, we missed the point the whole way along; It was a musical thing and you were supposed to sing, or dance, while the music was being played.