News:

Nitpicky? Hell yes.

Main Menu

Unintentionally amusing moments

Started by Crow, April 28, 2012, 09:32:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ThinkAnarchy

Quote from: DeterminedJuliet on April 30, 2012, 04:35:28 AM
I agree that the content for both of Maxim and Cosmo is sexist and is geared towards helping one gender manipulate the other. I do find it strange that they both feature scantily clad women, though (or, at least they did the last time I looked. Which was years ago). You'd think that Cosmo would have more dudes in it or something. But no, I guess they figure we'd rather be masochists.

I think it is because straight men like looking at attractive women and straight women like looking at attractive women. For men it's, "I want to fuck that," for women it's, "I want to be that." Men certainly want to be other men. But from what I noticed, it's not the same kind of envy women feel.

I also used to read GQ, which I think is a more homosexual and metrosexual mag. In those they had a lot of shirtless men with great bodies. Being straight, I never felt any kind of envy. Sure they had great bodies, but the envy comes in with the personality more so than the body. I would much prefer to take a humorous man's body than a sexy man.

Women on the other hand seem to prefer to take the sexy body, regardless of the personality.

This is mostly observation and speculation, and does not apply to all men and all women. It's simply the norm I have observed.

Added: As to your picture. It looks like a third nipple... I once dated a girl with a third nipple and it was much closer to her normal nipples.
"He that displays too often his wife and his wallet is in danger of having both of them borrowed." -Ben Franklin

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." -credited to Franklin, but not sure.

Sweetdeath

People wanna rant on about self esteem, acceptance and body image issues (for both genders )
Well, these garbage magazines are a huge part of the problem.
Law 35- "You got to go with what works." - Robin Lefler

Wiggum:"You have that much faith in me, Homer?"
Homer:"No! Faith is what you have in things that don't exist. Your awesomeness is real."

"I was thinking that perhaps this thing called God does not exist. Because He cannot save any one of us. No matter how we pray, He doesn't mend our wounds.

Crow

Quote from: RenegeReversi on April 30, 2012, 03:32:03 AM
Hey, I absolutely and positively adore maxim. I don't pull off any of the stunts they have, but it's great jolly old fun. Besides, I don't think they're meant to be taken seriously, like Cosmo.

Yeah but why pay for it when you can probably find a tumblr full of the stuff you enjoy reading in no time at all. I love print but those kinds of magazines are not exactly doing anything that can't be done on the internet for a crap load cheaper, except for maybe paying starlets to appear scantly clad which would then kill the source for the tumblr sites.
Retired member.

Crow

Quote from: Sweetdeath on April 30, 2012, 06:42:17 AM
People wanna rant on about self esteem, acceptance and body image issues (for both genders )
Well, these garbage magazines are a huge part of the problem.

I honestly think that's one of those bullshit excuses that actually sidestep the real issue, even though it is part of the problem its not as big as many believe. The real issue is that people that are susceptible have no or little confidence in the first place and its this that needs to rectified not getting rid of images that show a persons ideal view of another person. This sort of imagery has existed throughout time and is constantly changing, even if you look at what are the popular idealized looks in the world of fashion and sexual imagery it varies wildly, there is no consensus on what is an idealized form. People latch onto what they find attractive and its a confidence issue on how much it effects them, it is also a lack of education that a person that is naturally an endomorph isn't ever going to naturally be an ectomorph and is dangerous to try and attempt to be something else.
Retired member.

Amicale

Unintentionally inappropriate test answers from kids: http://www.happyplace.com/3907/unintentionally-inappropriate-test-responses-from-children

For food: (this is either tea or some kind of dessert pastry, can't tell)

For pet food:

"Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb we are bound to others. By every crime and act of kindness we birth our future." - Cloud Atlas

"To live in the hearts of those we leave behind is to never die." -Carl Sagan

Crow

Retired member.

Amicale

Quote from: Crow on April 30, 2012, 02:27:24 PM
Amicale that link is amazing.

:D I love Happyplace.

This one made me laugh. The kid's a smartass, but I'd give him points for making me snort coffee through my nose, if this came across my desk.

"Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb we are bound to others. By every crime and act of kindness we birth our future." - Cloud Atlas

"To live in the hearts of those we leave behind is to never die." -Carl Sagan

Crow

Quote from: Amicale on April 30, 2012, 02:36:49 PM
Quote from: Crow on April 30, 2012, 02:27:24 PM
Amicale that link is amazing.

:D I love Happyplace.

This one made me laugh. The kid's a smartass, but I'd give him points for making me snort coffee through my nose, if this came across my desk.

Yeah I really liked that one but this one really caught my eye.

Retired member.

Hector Valdez

Why do kids know so much about cunts these days?

DeterminedJuliet

"We've thought of life by analogy with a journey, with pilgrimage which had a serious purpose at the end, and the THING was to get to that end; success, or whatever it is, or maybe heaven after you're dead. But, we missed the point the whole way along; It was a musical thing and you were supposed to sing, or dance, while the music was being played.

Willow

Quote from: RenegeReversi on May 01, 2012, 07:21:32 PM
Because they have appropriate sex education.  You wouldn't want them to be cunt ignorant like we were at their age.

ThinkAnarchy

Quote from: Willow on May 03, 2012, 02:08:55 PM
Quote from: RenegeReversi on May 01, 2012, 07:21:32 PM
Because they have appropriate sex education.  You wouldn't want them to be cunt ignorant like we were at their age.

I thought it was just a round hole like a butt hole as a kid. I guess thats why I'm an asshole instead.
"He that displays too often his wife and his wallet is in danger of having both of them borrowed." -Ben Franklin

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." -credited to Franklin, but not sure.

kitty

Isn't it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too? (Douglas Adams)

kitty

last week, i fell over while doing some chores after the kids had gone to bed, the next day i was telling them about my EPIC fall and my youngest (aged 2), placed a hand on my shoulder and said in a concerned tone, "mummy, i told you to be careful". haha.
Isn't it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too? (Douglas Adams)

Tank

Quote from: kitty on May 13, 2012, 12:19:07 PM
last week, i fell over while doing some chores after the kids had gone to bed, the next day i was telling them about my EPIC fall and my youngest (aged 2), placed a hand on my shoulder and said in a concerned tone, "mummy, i told you to be careful". haha.
Kids that age are such a scream  :D

My Grandson is 17 months and is talking gobbledy gook conversations but some words are starting to form.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.