News:

There is also the shroud of turin, which verifies Jesus in a new way than other evidences.

Main Menu

K-E Diet through feeding tube.

Started by ThinkAnarchy, April 19, 2012, 07:12:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Asmodean

Quote from: Tank on April 21, 2012, 08:08:33 AM
Please note there are a number of members who do or have suffered from eating disorders of different types. Making personalised observations about the position/attitude of non-members could well be unintentionally offensive/hurtful/upsetting to some of our own members. Please take care in the way comments are phrased and recognise that generalisations are generally not helpful.

Thank you
Tank

...And Asmo wasn't even anywhere near this thread.  :( His Aura of Grayness must have corrupted people  :D
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Siz

Quote from: Tank on April 21, 2012, 08:08:33 AM
Please note there are a number of members who do or have suffered from eating disorders of different types. Making personalised observations about the position/attitude of non-members could well be unintentionally offensive/hurtful/upsetting to some of our own members. Please take care in the way comments are phrased and recognise that generalisations are generally not helpful.

Thank you
Tank

...and therein lies the problem!

Noted.

When one sleeps on the floor one need not worry about falling out of bed - Anton LaVey

The universe is a cold, uncaring void. The key to happiness isn't a search for meaning, it's to just keep yourself busy with unimportant nonsense, and eventually you'll be dead!

Sweetdeath

This really strikes a nerve with me!! My mum was on a feeding tube for the entire 3 weeks in ICU. It was extremely depressing...

Why are some wome so stupid? It really gives a bad nane to the lot of us. Is vanity that important you put your health/life at risk??
I am going to get a damn donut now. *fume*
Law 35- "You got to go with what works." - Robin Lefler

Wiggum:"You have that much faith in me, Homer?"
Homer:"No! Faith is what you have in things that don't exist. Your awesomeness is real."

"I was thinking that perhaps this thing called God does not exist. Because He cannot save any one of us. No matter how we pray, He doesn't mend our wounds.

DeterminedJuliet

Quote from: Sweetdeath on April 21, 2012, 04:13:54 PM
This really strikes a nerve with me!! My mum was on a feeding tube for the entire 3 weeks in ICU. It was extremely depressing...

Why are some wome so stupid? It really gives a bad nane to the lot of us. Is vanity that important you put your health/life at risk??

I think some women are that stupid because they are told time and time again that their bodies are a commodity. Their beauty and thinness, in a very real sense, are a measure of their worth as a human being. I hate to play the same ol' tune of "The media tells us we have to look a certain way". But it's true. There is a lot of pressure on brides to fit the "bride mould". And guess what? The ideal bride isn't fat. You don't see fat brides in movies, t.v., books, magazines, anywhere.

So, women feel, that if they are "fat" (and, in some cases, that can mean average, or even underweight), they aren't a "real" bride. That's a lot of pressure for someone. Everyone wants to feel like a "real bride" on their wedding day.

So, yeah, this sort of thing makes me sad, but it doesn't make me angry at the people who are doing it, per se.

"We've thought of life by analogy with a journey, with pilgrimage which had a serious purpose at the end, and the THING was to get to that end; success, or whatever it is, or maybe heaven after you're dead. But, we missed the point the whole way along; It was a musical thing and you were supposed to sing, or dance, while the music was being played.

Asmodean

Oh, vanity can drive people just as far as love, hate or jealousy can, I think.
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Sweetdeath

Quote from: Asmodean on April 21, 2012, 04:37:27 PM

Oh, vanity can drive people just as far as love, hate or jealousy can, I think.

Yeah..sadly.

And lots of good points, DJ.
I agree, the media is constantly objectifying women, but then these women turn about and objectify themselves. Even eachother. *sigh*

Homer:"No! Faith is what you have in things that don't exist. Your awesomeness is real."

"I was thinking that perhaps this thing called God does not exist. Because He cannot save any one of us. No matter how we pray, He doesn't mend our wounds.

Siz

Quote from: DeterminedJuliet on April 21, 2012, 04:36:08 PM

I think some women are that stupid because they are told time and time again that their bodies are a commodity. Their beauty and thinness, in a very real sense, are a measure of their worth as a human being. I hate to play the same ol' tune of "The media tells us we have to look a certain way". But it's true. There is a lot of pressure on brides to fit the "bride mould". And guess what? The ideal bride isn't fat. You don't see fat brides in movies, t.v., books, magazines, anywhere.

So, women feel, that if they are "fat" (and, in some cases, that can mean average, or even underweight), they aren't a "real" bride. That's a lot of pressure for someone. Everyone wants to feel like a "real bride" on their wedding day.

So, yeah, this sort of thing makes me sad, but it doesn't make me angry at the people who are doing it, per se.

So, to appease the sensibilities of the overweight we are to fill our magazines and TV with a representative spread of body sizes? By so doing we run the risk of normalising obesity... and ruin my visual pleasure. How depressing would it be to be confronted in our armchairs with a vision of ill-health every day?

I'm sorry if seeing beautiful images of (airbrushed) women is uncomfortable for some.... actually, no I'm not!

When one sleeps on the floor one need not worry about falling out of bed - Anton LaVey

The universe is a cold, uncaring void. The key to happiness isn't a search for meaning, it's to just keep yourself busy with unimportant nonsense, and eventually you'll be dead!

Sweetdeath

Quote from: Scissorlegs on April 21, 2012, 06:40:08 PM

So, to appease the sensibilities of the overweight we are to fill our magazines and TV with a representative spread of body sizes? By so doing we run the risk of normalising obesity... and ruin my visual pleasure. How depressing would it be to be confronted in our armchairs with a vision of ill-health every day?

I'm sorry if seeing beautiful images of (airbrushed) women is uncomfortable for some.... actually, no I'm not!

I think size comes for all people. Some are naturally waist 25", some 30".

I dont like obesity. I think people can control their portions and be healthy. But i also dont likw hairless, flawless skinned people that dont exist except with extreme dieting and photoshop.
I dont as a parent, you should want less objectifying of women. People in general who grow up to hate themselves because their hair is too curly , or skin is too dark. I think people considered more "beautiful" than others get special treatment. I think women always get told to put on makeup and look attractive.

In my new job, my female boss asjed me if i wore make up. I said very rarely,  then she was like "well , get some tinted lipgloss please"
I wanted to tell her to fuck off,but i just said no..i would not.

DeterminedJuliet

Quote from: Scissorlegs on April 21, 2012, 06:40:08 PM

I don't recall asking you to be sorry. I was simply pointing out to Sweetdeath that there is a reason why women are compelled to extremes. I also didn't ask anyone to normalize obesity and, quite frankly, I feel like you are putting words in my mouth.

Edit: the kind of "fat" I was talking about was not "obese".
"We've thought of life by analogy with a journey, with pilgrimage which had a serious purpose at the end, and the THING was to get to that end; success, or whatever it is, or maybe heaven after you're dead. But, we missed the point the whole way along; It was a musical thing and you were supposed to sing, or dance, while the music was being played.

ThinkAnarchy

I personally find the medias view of beauty disgusting. I have never been into skeleton skinny though and I dislike boxy figures. Give me an hourglass with big breasts any day. I also find that women are making themselves uglier in their quest for beauty. Breast implants are a great way for women to gain confidence after having breast cancer, but how is it attractive for a girl with a 24 inch waist to have stiff DD breasts? I kind of expect small perky breasts if you have such a small waist, otherwise starts looking ridiculous.

As much as I hate HSN and QVC, I have to give them props for using models that represent their clients. They have the "normal" ones that aren't sickly skinny, but attractively skinny as well as some chubbier ones.

I hope no skinny women or men with skinny wives get offended because I'm speaking my mind here as well...

*Edit: Rephrased something that could be construed as a little insulting.
"He that displays too often his wife and his wallet is in danger of having both of them borrowed." -Ben Franklin

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." -credited to Franklin, but not sure.

Tank

Quote from: ThinkAnarchy on April 21, 2012, 07:53:08 PM
{snip}
I hope no skinny women or men with skinny wives get offended because I'm speaking my mind here as well...
There is no one form of objective beauty. There are some stereotypes and they rise and fall with time and culture. I have met stunningly beautiful ball-busting bitches and the sexiest of women you wouldn't look at twice. It's an oft used truism that 'Beauty is in the eye of the beholder' and that, to me, is why this thread is such an unmitigated mine field. So stating one's own personal preference is fine. While criticising another persons opinion is really futile as preferences differ so much.

And never forget THE major sex organ is the brain  ;)
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

DeterminedJuliet

Quote from: Tank on April 21, 2012, 08:12:34 PM
{snip}
There is no one form of objective beauty. There are some stereotypes and they rise and fall with time and culture. I have met stunningly beautiful ball-busting bitches and the sexiest of women you wouldn't look at twice. It's an oft used truism that 'Beauty is in the eye of the beholder' and that, to me, is why this thread is such an unmitigated mine field. So stating one's own personal preference is fine. While criticising another persons opinion is really futile as preferences differ so much.

Totally agree.

ThinkAnarchy

{snip}

And I'm not criticizing how people choose to look. People are free to look however they choose, I don't care. I just felt like complaining about how there seem to be fewer beautiful women today due to the odd standards of beauty currently set. And yes, beauty is in the eye of the beholder, but it annoys me that so many attractive women change their appearance when they hit their early 20's inadvertently making themselves less attractive to me.

And never forget THE major sex organ is the brain  ;)

Only when another body part isn't hogging the blood flow.  ;D
"He that displays too often his wife and his wallet is in danger of having both of them borrowed." -Ben Franklin

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." -credited to Franklin, but not sure.

Tank

Quote from: ThinkAnarchy on April 21, 2012, 08:23:37 PM
{snip}

And I'm not criticizing how people choose to look.
People are free to look however they choose, I don't care. I just felt like complaining about how there seem to be fewer beautiful women today due to the odd standards of beauty currently set. And yes, beauty is in the eye of the beholder, but it annoys me that so many attractive women change their appearance when they hit their early 20's inadvertently making themselves less attractive to me.
I understood that. Sorry if it came over as a criticism of your observation, that was not my intention.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Sweetdeath

Quote from: DeterminedJuliet on April 21, 2012, 08:19:20 PM
{snip}

Totally agree.

This.

And i super agree, Think anrchy. I dislike the growing number of people getting cosmetic surgery in their late teens, early 20's.
My girlfriend told me it is a growing epedimic in Asian countries;  like major face reconstructive surgery.

I compliment her beautiful eyes and face all the time. I hate asians who get the eyelid surgery. Fucking gross.