News:

Nitpicky? Hell yes.

Main Menu

Geothermal heating system draws on limitless fuel: sewage

Started by Tank, April 19, 2012, 03:45:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tank

Geothermal heating system draws on limitless fuel: sewage

QuoteAmong the many renewable energy sources - wind, solar, hydroelectric, biofuels - there is one to which we all contribute that has not yet managed to attract the romantic advocates who have embraced other forms of green energy.

We're speaking about the gray river of warmth flowing right beneath our feet: sewage.

A Philadelphia company, NovaThermal Energy LLC, wants to heat and cool buildings by tapping into the constant, guaranteed heat contained in wastewater. The process is called sewage geothermal.

"It's just like geothermal energy, but we're using a different well source, so to speak," said Elinor Haider, NovaThermal's chief executive.

Public officials cut the ribbon last week on NovaThermal's first project, a pilot plant at Philadelphia's Southeast Wastewater Treatment Plant, near the Walt Whitman Bridge. NovaThermal is planning to install a second, commercial-sized project later this year at a sewage-treatment plant in Camden, N.J...

What a pile of shite!!!

But seriously, the amount of sewage grows in proportion to population so if we can tap into this al la The Matrix 'ish why not?
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Buddy

So would this mean that being full of shit is now a compliment now? ;D. In all honesty, it does make sense. I mean, as long as there are people there is waste. It would be foolish not to tap into that.
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

Tank

Quote from: Budhorse4 on April 19, 2012, 03:48:03 PM
So would this mean that being full of shit is now a compliment now? ;D. In all honesty, it does make sense. I mean, as long as there are people there is waste. It would be foolish not to tap into that.
Well one gets a double whammy from sewage if it's properly processed. It can be fermented to produce methane which can generate electricity to power the sewage plant. As the Yorkshire saying goes 'Where there's muck there's brass!'
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.