News:

In case of downtime/other tech emergencies, you can relatively quickly get in touch with Asmodean Prime by email.

Main Menu

Happy Easter. Have a dead bunny.

Started by Ali, April 15, 2012, 06:38:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ali

I can't decide if I think this shows that this pastor has a good sense of humor, or if he's just sick.  What do you think?

http://www.9news.com/rss/story.aspx?storyid=261299

Sandra Craft

I think it shows he's small-minded enough to feel pissy about attention given to Easter bunnies.
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

The Magic Pudding

Oh there is a challenge in this.

Unlike silly Jesus
Magic bunnies never die.

You could picture a cooked rabbit and -

Dead rabbits
More palatable than dead Jesus.

Cooked bunny,
I can smell it, I can touch it, I can eat it.
Dead Jesus...

Bunnies don't pretend to die.
That's an Opossum or deity trick.

Guardian85

QuotePastor Kevin Childs of the church says the postcards were designed to make you take a second look.

He said that he was willing to risk offending some people to bring attention to Jesus, the church and the gospel.

According to Childs even some of his own church members were offended by the postcard, but even if he could go back and do it all again.

"If scientist means 'not the dumbest motherfucker in the room,' I guess I'm a scientist, then."
-Unknown Smartass-

Gawen

It shows the idiocy and wanton disregard of promoting a fairy tale as truth even if offending people in the process. This is like showing a dead priest in the wreckage of a plane crash and a flying carpet flying over the wreck site with the caption:
Jesus didn't fly. Muhammad did.
The essence of the mind is not in what it thinks, but how it thinks. Faith is the surrender of our mind; of reason and our skepticism to put all our trust or faith in someone or something that has no good evidence of itself. That is a sinister thing to me. Of all the supposed virtues, faith is not.
"When you fall, I will be there" - Floor