News:

When one conveys certain things, particularly of such gravity, should one not then appropriately cite sources, authorities...

Main Menu

Still in the Closet

Started by roadrunner, January 23, 2012, 10:42:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stevil

Quote from: OldGit on May 24, 2012, 06:10:42 PM
Quote from: StevilAhem, us Kiwi's our accents are devine

To a deaf, drunken and demented Ookabollawonga witch-doctor, maybe.  But he'd have to be profoundly deaf.
;D
Hmmm, yes I do cringe a little at the kiwi accents on tv. Funny that, I don't notice our accents in real life, but put it on tv and it sticks out like dog's bollocks

Tank

Quote from: Recusant on May 24, 2012, 08:04:28 PM
Quote from: Tank on May 24, 2012, 10:43:38 AM
Quote from: predsk on May 24, 2012, 10:38:08 AM
What's up, I just wanted to say, you're dead wrong. Your blog doesn't make any sense.
Strike one.

I suggest if you wish to remain a member you try to add more value than that.

This person is a spammer, as can be seen here. (The user name is different, but it's the same e-mail address they used to register here.) I hadn't even seen this post when I banned them; just did my usual check of newly registered members and proceeded as normal. No strike two and three for them.

Spot on Recusant :D
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Sweetdeath

How many spammers so we usually get?
Law 35- "You got to go with what works." - Robin Lefler

Wiggum:"You have that much faith in me, Homer?"
Homer:"No! Faith is what you have in things that don't exist. Your awesomeness is real."

"I was thinking that perhaps this thing called God does not exist. Because He cannot save any one of us. No matter how we pray, He doesn't mend our wounds.

Tank

Quote from: Sweetdeath on May 25, 2012, 09:00:43 PM
In April about 1,800.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett

Stevil

Tank

Quote from: Stevil on May 25, 2012, 11:09:48 PM
Quote from: Tank on May 25, 2012, 09:38:10 PM
In April about 1,800.
yowzers
August 2011 it was 28,000! When I joined the team there were over 45,000 accounts all bar 2,400 were spammers. I could only delete 300 at a time so it took 140 select/delete processes to get rid of them. Sounds bad but in reality it only took a couple of hours to clean things up. It's not difficult being a mod. But a good memory helps to recognise people.

Sweetdeath

Quote from: Tank on May 26, 2012, 08:56:41 AM
Quote from: Stevil on May 25, 2012, 11:09:48 PM
Quote from: Tank on May 25, 2012, 09:38:10 PM
In April about 1,800.
yowzers
August 2011 it was 28,000! When I joined the team there were over 45,000 accounts all bar 2,400 were spammers. I could only delete 300 at a time so it took 140 select/delete processes to get rid of them. Sounds bad but in reality it only took a couple of hours to clean things up. It's not difficult being a mod. But a good memory helps to recognise people.

That's insane.
Law 35- "You got to go with what works." - Robin Lefler

Wiggum:"You have that much faith in me, Homer?"
Homer:"No! Faith is what you have in things that don't exist. Your awesomeness is real."

"I was thinking that perhaps this thing called God does not exist. Because He cannot save any one of us. No matter how we pray, He doesn't mend our wounds.

markmcdaniel

I will not even try to give you any advice and limit my comments to Welcome.
It appears to me (whether rightly or wrongly) that direct arguments against Christianity and theism produce hardly any effect on the public; and freedom of thought is best promoted by the gradual illumination of men's minds which follows from the advance of science - Charles Darwin

I cannot imagine a God who rewards and punishes the object of his creation, whose purposes are modeled after our own -- a god, in short, who is but a reflection of human frailty. Neither can I believe that the individual survives the death of his body, although feeble souls harbor such thoughts through fear or ridiculous egotism. - Albert Einstein

Religion is a by product of fear. For much of human history, it may have been a necessary evil, but why was it more evil than necessary? Isn't killing people in the name of God a pretty good definition of insanity. - Arther C. Clarke

Faith means not wanting to know what is true. - Friedrich Nietzsche