News:

In case of downtime/other tech emergencies, you can relatively quickly get in touch with Asmodean Prime by email.

Main Menu

Adele is AMAZING!!

Started by Asherah, April 11, 2012, 02:45:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Asherah

OMG!! She's doing an acoustic Sam Cooke cover...Jeez, she's amazing. makes me want to never sing again!! LOL!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xezj7UxfgdI
As a scientist, I am hostile to fundamentalist religion because it actively debauches the scientific enterprise. It teaches us not to change our minds, and not to want to know exciting things that are available to be known. It subverts science and saps the intellect. - Dawkins

Gawen

Sorry Asherah, but you know there must be a dissenting voice...*chucklin*
After hearing Rolling in the Deep and Someone like you  6000 times EACH and seems as if they'll never stop playing them, I simply can't stand to hear her sing anymore.
On top of that, I find her unattractive without makeup and only marginally so with it.
The essence of the mind is not in what it thinks, but how it thinks. Faith is the surrender of our mind; of reason and our skepticism to put all our trust or faith in someone or something that has no good evidence of itself. That is a sinister thing to me. Of all the supposed virtues, faith is not.
"When you fall, I will be there" - Floor

Tank

Quote from: Gawen on April 11, 2012, 01:07:54 PM
After hearing Rolling in the Deep and Someone like you  6000 times EACH and seems as if they'll never stop playing them, I simply can't stand to hear her sing anymore.
On top of that, I find her unattractive without makeup and only marginally so with it.
Thus speaks the ugly bastard!  ;D ;)
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Gawen

Quote from: Tank on April 11, 2012, 02:47:23 PM
Thus speaks the ugly bastard!  ;D ;)
I am not ugly!...*chucklin*
The essence of the mind is not in what it thinks, but how it thinks. Faith is the surrender of our mind; of reason and our skepticism to put all our trust or faith in someone or something that has no good evidence of itself. That is a sinister thing to me. Of all the supposed virtues, faith is not.

Tom62

I just can't get enough of Adele's voice, even after I heared "Rolling in the Deep and Someone Like You" 6000 times each.
The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein

Jimmy

I LOVE her cover of a Steeldriver's song "If it Hadn't been for love." The Steeldrivers are just an awesome, modern bluegrass/country, kinda of eclectic band. Check it out

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D2GGN3mzhng
For if there be no Prospect beyond the Grave, the inference is certainly right, Let us eat and drink, les us enjoy what we delight in, for to morrow we shall die.   ~John Locke~

Stevil

I don't understand why some people's perception of music is that the musicians have to be attractive.

One of the big things I like about the heavy metal genre, is that it is about the music. Who cares what they look like.

keithpenrod

Quote from: Tom62 on April 11, 2012, 08:02:52 PM
I just can't get enough of Adele's voice, even after I heared "Rolling in the Deep and Someone Like You" 6000 times each.

I love those songs.  And she does have an amazing voice.  But, I also like the video for Rolling in the Deep.  I mean, it would seem counterintuitive to me for a singer to be sitting down all through a music video--normally, they're dancing all around and stuff.  But, the way she did it just felt perfect.  The samurai was really cool too.  (Although, I didn't get the glasses of water or the pile of broken dishes, but it was still cool.)

AnimatedDirt

Quote from: Stevil on April 11, 2012, 10:27:18 PM
I don't understand why some people's perception of music is that the musicians have to be attractive.

One of the big things I like about the heavy metal genre, is that it is about the music. Who cares what they look like.

The "argument" here is that with HM music, you're not necessarily watching the performer as much as one might be shaking their head up and down with one hand up...whereas with the likes of Adele (which I'm not a huge fan of anyway) it's more the norm to be starring at the performer.  IMHO anyway.  I grew up on 80's HM...or rock.  My #1 band is Van Halen.  Now if Adele and Dave got together for a song...heh.

Ali

Don't heavy metal rockers dress up like dead people and demons and stuff?

Buddy

Quote from: The Ali on April 11, 2012, 10:51:29 PM

I think that's death metal, which I have heard is a different genre of hard rock.
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

Stevil

Quote from: The Ali on April 11, 2012, 10:51:29 PM
Iron Maiden in normal kit

Iron Maiden is stage kit

Demonic enough?

DeterminedJuliet

Is that gentleman on the far right touching his penis in the top picture?  :o
"We've thought of life by analogy with a journey, with pilgrimage which had a serious purpose at the end, and the THING was to get to that end; success, or whatever it is, or maybe heaven after you're dead. But, we missed the point the whole way along; It was a musical thing and you were supposed to sing, or dance, while the music was being played.

Gawen

Quote from: Stevil on April 11, 2012, 10:27:18 PM

Silly boy. I never said she HAD to be attractive.

Stevil

Quote from: DeterminedJuliet on April 12, 2012, 12:45:53 AM
Is that gentleman on the far right touching his penis in the top picture?  :o
Well spotted.
Nicko is a drummer, maybe he is missing his drum sticks